Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 01-21-2005, 01:43 AM   #1
RJOL
Registered

Cool

Just tried to load 2.01 and had some problems. Couldn't get the screen saver to come up. The screen would go black with some noise at the bottom and then abort to the desktop. After fooling with this for awhile, finally got it to work by selecting "wide screen" in the setup menu. This works, with black bars at top and bottom. I don't have a wide screen monitor. It will not work if I deselect "wide screen." Any ideas???
RJOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 10:39 PM   #2
RJOL
Registered

Cool Problem with 2.01

I have version 2 and just tried to load 2.01 and have some problems. I Couldn't get the screen saver to work or come up. The screen would go black with some noise at the bottom and then abort to the desktop. After fooling with this for awhile, finally got it to work by selecting "wide screen" in the setup menu. This works, with black bars at top and bottom. I don't have a wide screen monitor. It will not work if I deselect "wide screen." Any ideas??? I tried removing both 2.0 and 2.01 using wht windows remove program. Loaded 2.01 by itself with the same results. If I deselect "wide screen" it doesn't work. Any ideas???
Old 01-24-2005, 12:43 PM   #3
Edgar
Prolific/SereneScreen Developer

1 Highscore

What is your system info?
Operating system, DirectX, Video card, and the resolution you are trying to run it at and how many monitors you have.
Also if you can run the DXDiag and send me the log result after you tested the Display drivers.
A screenshot of the Settings panel would help also in case the anamorphic factor got changed to a bad value. For a normal display, it should be 1.0.
Try running it in Window mode and tell me if that works.
Edgar Tolentino
Prolific Developer

www.prolific.com
www.LifeGlobe.com
Edgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:47 PM   #4
RJOL
Registered

I loaded the latest drivers for my video card (intel 82845G) and that didn't fix the problem. I opened the screensave in the windows mode and all I got was a small screen in the corner of my monitor, that couldn't be enlarged. I turned off windows mode and played with the wide screen settings, and all of a sudden it now works in both wide screen and full screen. I'm not sure what was going on, but I'm not going to touch anymore settings and hope it operates normally from now on... Just for you info, I'm running on a pretty much stock Compaq Presario 6000 with 512K RAM and a Pentium IV processor. The video card is as stated above. One more thing. When I started the screen saver to do the above things, it asked for my original CD again. I've put that in serveral times during the upgrade to 2.01 so don't know why it asked for it again...
Old 01-24-2005, 11:43 PM   #5
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Glad you got it working as well as you did.

Next time, please go Dell.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive