Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 01-14-2015, 05:55 PM   #1
tadam
Registered

Help with valid keycode

I recently upgraded to MA3.2 but when I copy and pasted in my keycode, I received the message "please insert a previous version of Marine Aquarium CD to upgrade to 3.3" and it won't allow me to run the full version.

The error message almosts makes me believe that I should be running a MA3.3 version.

My OS is Windows 8.1. Please advise and thank you.
tadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 06:03 PM   #2
tadam
Registered

Help with valid keycode

I recently upgraded to MA3.2 but when I tried to copy and paste my keycode, I receive this error message:

"please insert a previous version of Marine Aquarium CD to upgrade to 3.3" and it won't allow me to run the full version.

My OS in Windows 8.1. Please advise.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:19 AM   #3
Jim Sachs
Developer

MA 3.3 is a free upgrade, so it should recognize a previous Key Code. Where did you get your original Key Code?
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:52 AM   #4
tadam
Registered

Jim,

2 things......

>I received my keycode from an e-mail confirming my orde and download from Prolific Publishing's site

>They did not offer MA3.3, only MA3.2 which is what I downloaded.

Thank you,

Tim
Old 01-15-2015, 02:59 PM   #5
tadam
Registered

I received my keycode (actually have 3) from an e-mail from SereneScreen.

The site does not have MA 3.3 only 3.2. Where can I get 3.3? The error message I am receiving feels like it is expecting that I have MA 3.3.

Thank you.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:32 PM   #6
Jim Sachs
Developer

The text on the site has not yet been updated, but the download file is actually 3.3.

Make sure you are downloading the right file. This is the link:
https://prolific.s3.amazonaws.com/Ma...eAquarium3.exe

Let me know if pasting in your Key Code doesn't work with this. (Also make sure you're not accidenatlly grabbing spaces or extra characters when you copy and paste.)
Jim Sachs
Old 01-16-2015, 03:41 PM   #7
tadam
Registered

Jim,

I downloaded the link but am still getting the same error message referenced in my first post. I also hand typed in the keycode but still received the same error message.
Please advise.

Last edited by tadam; 01-17-2015 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:24 AM   #8
tadam
Registered

I just thought of something.....my previous versions were all on another laptop which is now toast. Would the fact that I never had a full blown version on my present PC have anything to do with the error message I am receiving? It seems from the intent of the message that it expects I was running a previous full version of MA.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:32 PM   #9
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

I don't think there is any version that is not "full blown". With a valid license you "just" enable the option to use more fish.... I think. You mentioned that you have 3 key codes.. are you sure you are using the latest one?

Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889 – 1951)
The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 02:54 PM   #10
tadam
Registered

I am using the most current keycode. I have never ran into this before, very frustrating.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:53 PM   #11
Jim Sachs
Developer

Ralph is right - every version is a full version. The Key Code simply unlocks all the fish.
Send me a Private Message with the Key Code you're attempting to use, and I'll check it out.
Jim Sachs
Old 01-19-2015, 04:42 AM   #12
tadam
Registered

PM sent.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:30 AM   #13
Jim Sachs
Developer

For anyone else following this, it was an Upgrade Key Code in question. This means that there needs to be an installed version of the Aquarium on that computer in order for the Key to work. In theory, the program should be able to be installed on the new computer using the original Key, then the Upgrade Key would bring it up to date. In practicality, I've never actually tried this, so I'm having Prolific issue a new Key to Tadam.
Jim Sachs
Old 01-19-2015, 10:29 AM   #14
cjmaddy
Registered

Jim, could I suggest that whilst Prolific are issuing that key code, they spend a moment updating 3.2 on your web page to read 3.3 ?

It can't take more than a minute or two, and would save you all your repeated explaining.

.... Just a thought...
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:59 PM   #15
Jim Sachs
Developer

Different people for Key Code lookups and web maintenance.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-28-2015, 05:33 PM   #16
LAL

I AM HAVING A HECK OF A TIME TOO.

I can't get the upgrade keycode to work. I have my original V 1.0 CD and I have loaded the 3.3 version provided on the link above by Jim. I have contacted Customer Service and have not been helped. What do I need to do to get the program loaded on my home PC (has CD drive) and work Laptop (No CD drive)?

Thanks for you help!
LAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:03 AM   #17
Porthos
Registered

I bought the upgrade to 3.3 a few days ago and had the 2.6 installed on my computer and I too still get the Please insert a previous version of Marine Aquarium CD to upgrade to 3.3". error message.
Porthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 07:29 AM   #18
Porthos
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
For anyone else following this, it was an Upgrade Key Code in question. This means that there needs to be an installed version of the Aquarium on that computer in order for the Key to work. In theory, the program should be able to be installed on the new computer using the original Key, then the Upgrade Key would bring it up to date. In practicality, I've never actually tried this, so I'm having Prolific issue a new Key to Tadam.  
I bought the upgrade over a week ago, and I had an earlier version installed and It still asked to load the cd, so that didn't work for me. ( I originally bought the download version 2.6)
Old 03-14-2015, 06:16 PM   #19
feldon34
Forum Administrator

LAL and Porthos' posts have now been approved. Thanks for your patience!
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 05:43 AM   #20
Porthos
Registered

Got new keycode via email. Thank you.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows