Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Future: Freshwater Aquarium
Notices

Old 05-02-2002, 11:24 AM   #1
IXNAY
Green Frog

an other Aquariumscreensaver

Hey I found another Aquarium, check it out:

Go here to see pics of it:
http://www.runproductions.com/AquaGallery3D.htm

Official Homepage:
http://www.runproductions.com/AquaScape3D.htm
IXNAY

*dreaming of the serene terrarium*

- My Private Homepage -

Last edited by IXNAY; 05-02-2002 at 11:29 AM.
IXNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 12:41 PM   #2
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Wow, talk about being able to customize your aquarium. I'll give them credit, they have a lot of the features I would love to see in Jim's (hint, hint ), but I know that his plate is already WAY too full to consider this level of customization. I like the fact that you can customize the gravel, border, tank shape, underwater lighting, water, bubbles, and sound effects.

As for the selection of fish, not bad (expandable to 57 species). Although I'm sure their fish are probably 2D bitmaps being dragged back and forth, while Jim's are fully 3D.

One thing that stands out that I don't really like is allowing both freshwater and saltwater fish to co-exist in the same environment (not to mention a minaturized adult shark and cartoon characters). It all kind of seems TOO surreal for me.

Looks like they may have ripped off a few things from Jim's aquarium, that or it's a really ironic coincidence. A panning camera (they also have a zoom mode, not something planned in Jim's), and the 'tap on glass' feature. Hmmmm...

Looks like the main page has a demo, I'm going to download it and give it a try to see how it looks. Thanks for the link!

UPDATE:
Well I checked out the demo and to be honest, aside from the customizable features, I'm not really impressed. The fish are exactly what I thought they would be like, only they've been made more amusing by the fact that their fins animate while the fish are flat. Oh well, thanks again though IXNAY.
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...

Last edited by Digital Lungfish; 05-02-2002 at 01:06 PM.
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 01:42 PM   #3
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Well if you select the Deluxe version and all 5 expansion packs, it totals up to about $ 50.00 But according to them getting all 5 gets you a 40% discount of $16.00 on the expansion stuff. It doesn't look like they are going for anywhere near the realism that Jim is shooting for though.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 01:48 AM   #4
hpman77
Blue Angel

IMHO, and despite the flat graphics, their aquariums tends to look a bit overcrowded. The fish's fins are a nice try to make them look more real, but having the fishies so flat creates a rather weird look.

Anyway, I like the full-custom way to make the tank, but Jim's will be in full 3D and that would be really difficult to do with 3d objects.

And I agree with digital: using at the same time freshwater, saltwater and even cartoon fishies looks way weird.
.:: AMD Athlon XP 1700+ :: 512MB SDRAM :: Windows XP SP1 :: shappire ATI radeon 9600 PRO :: Soundblaster Live Player 5.1 :: Directx 9.0 :: (Always latest drivers for everything) ::.
hpman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 10:54 AM   #5
IXNAY
Green Frog

I agree with everything wich was already said, It's a good try but it's to crowded and fresh and saltwater fishs in one tank sucks.
But I like all the things you can put in. All theses plants, corals, stones,...
Maybe Jim get's some new ideas by this one, I hope so.
Feeding the 3D fishs would be so great hehe
IXNAY

- My Private Homepage -
Old 05-03-2002, 02:05 PM   #6
vrzone1
Registered

IMHO -- This thing is absolutely dreadful! It's not in the least life-like. Sorry, but I think it's awful.

Nancy
www.vrzone1.com
vrzone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 02:50 PM   #7
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

IXNAY,

Being able to feed the fish is an option that is planned for in the future along with being able to tap on the glass. At least it always has been in the saltwater version. I am assuming that Jim will have the 2 versions pretty much match in options.

Last edited by Jav400; 05-03-2002 at 02:52 PM.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 03:36 PM   #8
IXNAY
Green Frog

Hey that's cool Jav can't wait to feed hem
OK I think I'll feed them to often...so please don't make an deaffishoption in any version
IXNAY

- My Private Homepage -
Old 05-04-2002, 07:31 PM   #9
feldon34
Forum Administrator

SereneScreen. As opposed to StressfulScreen.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 10:23 PM   #10
qbus
Registered

i was almost about to download this but then it hit me.... if it is that tacky and theres not littel diver guy who bubbles am not going to was my time on that... its just not tacky $.10 gold fish without the diver
qbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 10:26 PM   #11
qbus
Registered

also i hope that there is a easter egg some where in there for a flying toaster... ahhh 1991
qbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Future: Freshwater Aquarium