Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 10-11-2008, 05:33 PM   #1
clowning-around
Registered

Foreground objects edges trailing edge

Dell XPS Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 4 Gig Mem
Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 3870
Driver ver: 8.53-080820a-068905C-ATI
Direct X ver: Aug 2008
Monitor: Dell E228WFP Driver :1.0.0.0 60Hz

MA3 Display 1440 x 900 x 32 110 f/s

Thanks Jim for a fantastic screensaver! Thanks for letting us Beta test it with you.
I could be experiencing usual and expected behavour, but I would like to confirm with you if it is.
I can't find a similar thread so I started a new one.
When the direction of the Pan changes, the foreground objects trailing edge momentarily freezes as soon as it is stationary, then re-draws slowly and speeds up as the Pan reverses direction until it is undistinguishable with the rest of the object.
The fish were uneffected but the foreground barnicles were.
It is more pronounced on more vertical edges as the redraw occurs.
If you look carefully on the LHS of the Barnicle the first pic shows normal redraw , the second pic shows the barnicle momentariously stationary with a slow redraw to the near vertical trailing edge.
The effect is obvious when in motion, but the stills can only give an indication of what is happening.
I have tried different monitor freqs, resolutions and frame counts, but still get the same.
Perhaps it is something perculiar to my system and I will keep hunting to resolve.
Perhaps I am too picky on a extraordinary program.
Like I said maybe this is expected but I thought I would be the first Mug and let you know in case it is something.

Cheers
John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Barnicle1.jpg (52.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Barnicle2.jpg (51.1 KB, 18 views)
clowning-around is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows