Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 11-22-2008, 08:52 PM   #1
Mith
Registered

left side

On the left side only, there's a very small vertical area that seems to have a memory of the last thing to pass through it when the screen scrolls. If the orange coral passes through, that color remains in the small vertical area. If a yellow fish swims through it, then the little vertical area stays yellow. This screen probably won't help much, but it may.

Mith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 10:27 PM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

Another joy of antialiasing. The system is attempting to smooth the nothingness off the left side of the screen into the picture. If you can use your monitor controls to move the left edge off-screen by a couple of pixels, you won't be able to see it.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 11:00 PM   #3
Mith
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Another joy of antialiasing. The system is attempting to smooth the nothingness off the left side of the screen into the picture. If you can use your monitor controls to move the left edge off-screen by a couple of pixels, you won't be able to see it.  

Jim, you're correct. The only time I see the problem is when I have the "Overide application setting".... When antialiasing is off, or "enance application settings" is turned on... the left side is fine.

I also don't see that little seam anymore no matter what I do and I'm using 7b. I don't know how it's not there anymore.... I tried to look for it for a little while. I'll keep looking and see if it comes back.

But as for my original post... under the above settings is when it occures (override application settings)...
Old 11-23-2008, 12:30 AM   #4
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Check 7c.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:11 AM   #5
Mith
Registered

Originally posted by feldon32:
Check 7c.  

I'm sorry to say, but that little seam's still visisble. As I said, I can't see it with a dark background which is why I initially thought it went away... but when the backgrounds bright (bottom portion mostly) the crack in the seam's still there. It's there regardless of the antialiasing setting. However as I also stated (in the other thread?) the left side problem ONLY happens when i have the antialiasing setting at, "Overide application setting"... all other settings it's fine.

Oh, I'm using 7c as well...
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows