Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 01-23-2013, 01:34 AM   #81
dwax
Registered

Jim, got it working! kept hitting the open button and it must have gave up because it opened up. Finally got every thing set up.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By dustywax at 2011-12-13
dwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:56 AM   #82
Jim Sachs
Developer

Great! So is there any problem that you think is within the control of the programmers, or is it just OS stuff?
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:13 AM   #83
Ad_Enuff
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Great! So is there any problem that you think is within the control of the programmers, or is it just OS stuff?  
Jim, the way they have set it up is just like the PC/MAC version ie once installed you run the program by finding the Icon in the application draw and opening it there. THEN you can set it as a Live Wallpaper after changing the settings.

However, most if not all Android users are not used to this method and is not my preferred way either, but to access the settings from within Live Wallpapers when you click on

SYSTEM SETTINGS
DISPLAY
WALLPAPER
LIVE WALLPAPERS

Then select Marine Aquarium and there should be two options, ie SETTINGS and SET AS WALLPAPER.

At the moment only SET AS WALLPAPER is there (see my screen shot a few posts back)

There are other ways to get to LIVE WALLAPERS, eg on my Nexus 7 hold your finger on the screen for a few seconds and the wallpaper options appear. Either way, the SETTINGS are never visible which is confusing everyone.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 3600.0 MHz, 16Gb DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4Gb RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64Bit
Ad_Enuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #84
Jim Sachs
Developer

Thanks, I'll forward your whole post to Acrodea.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-10-2013, 06:13 AM   #85
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
MA3 lite on Android is unavailable for Taiwan user

I wish to try this on my HTC Butterfly (HTC DROID DNA variant in Asia) and HTC M7 (code name), but I can't install it at all!

Does the app set to available for particular country only?
I know Taiwan's Google Play is unable to make any purchase due to lawsuit, but free apps are still available for download.

However, I found both paid version and lite(free) version of MA3 on Play are both unavailable to me, since lite version is free, it should be able to download for Taiwan user.

I presume that ACRODEA, Inc. probably set the app setting on Play wrongly so that it's being categorized into paid version category even it's labeled as Free.

I wish ACRODEA, Inc. could fix this to have more exposure of MA3 in Taiwan's market.

I know I can use proxy to connect to Play to bypass Taiwan's IP range, but I don't wanna use the trick as I when I turn off proxy and Play may block me from using apps anymroe

Please refer to the attached screenshots
Attached Images
File Type: png Play00.PNG (74.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: png Play01.PNG (75.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: png Play02.PNG (93.0 KB, 20 views)
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:43 AM   #86
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Looking good James! How's life treating you? I hope all is well. We miss you around here. You should check in more often.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:21 AM   #87
James

Originally posted by patscarr:
Looking good James! How's life treating you? I hope all is well. We miss you around here. You should check in more often.  
Hi Patrick, sorry I haven't check back here very often after I quit ASUS and dive into Trend Micro and then now in HTC.

I'm still testing all the time as QA Enginner, I was super busy on testing the "M7"'s FULL HD, and then suddenly MA3 came cross my mind so here I am.

Too bad I can't test it.

btw, I miss all you guys here too
James C Chen
HTC Corporation
www.htc.com
Old 02-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #88
Ad_Enuff
Registered

Originally posted by James:
Too bad I can't test it.  
There is a way round it,

1. If your phone is rooted then you can use a market Changer/unlocker app on your phone. Select the market yo wish to pretend you want and then download the app.

2. Some kind person in that area it's available (UK/USA etc), download it and use Titanium Backup to backup the APK and upload it somewhere like DropBox etc.

Unfortunately, I can't attach it directly to the forum for others to test as well. A Zip file can be only a maximum of 5Mb.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 3600.0 MHz, 16Gb DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4Gb RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64Bit
Old 02-10-2013, 09:24 AM   #89
James

Originally posted by Ad_Enuff:
There is a way round it,

1. If your phone is rooted then you can use a market Changer/unlocker app on your phone. Select the market yo wish to pretend you want and then download the app.

2. Some kind person in that area it's available (UK/USA etc), download it and use Titanium Backup to backup the APK and upload it somewhere like DropBox etc.

Unfortunately, I can't attach it directly to the forum for others to test as well. A Zip file can be only a maximum of 5Mb.  
Thanks for the tip, but I knew these workarounds and even more since I'm the HTC Engineer myself, however, because it's CNY now and I'm not in office, I don't have access to specific tool or just flash a generic ROM to change the system's setting of Play, otherwise I'll be testing it right now, the only way is to use proxy but I rather not to because my sample device is my daily phone currently, don't wanna mass with it

But I do really wanna raise this issue about that even the free trial version is also blocked seems not very practical when it come marketing and ask for max product exposure.
James C Chen
HTC Corporation
www.htc.com
Old 02-13-2013, 01:24 AM   #90
James

OK, I've got both version downloaded/purchased and tested, so far so good, I wish it could also add the option for showing the FPS and the wireframe mode.

I didn't go for purchase the premium fish as they are so expensive if I buy them all.

And I can't access the the premium fish Play download link on my device, if someone could post the Play store's direct link of those premium fish, I could consider buy a one or two, I need the link to make the purchase since I done it on PC but not my phone
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-02-13_14-03-12.jpg (93.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-02-13_14-05-38.jpg (74.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: png 2013-02-13_14-07-42.png (202.3 KB, 14 views)
James C Chen
HTC Corporation
www.htc.com
Old 02-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #91
Ad_Enuff
Registered

Originally posted by James:
I didn't go for purchase the premium fish as they are so expensive if I buy them all.  
Jim,

I agree, the price of the fish are ridiculous. 17 extra fish at a $1.00 each? Why do we have to pay more money when you buy the FULL PAID version?

Why not make a PREMIUM version and set price as $X.XX for everything? Also SimAquarium, allows me to have all full version features by entering my Serial from my PC version for I get it for FREE on the Android platform.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #92
Jim Sachs
Developer

Fish pricing is an on-going discussion between Prolific and Acrodea. Their argument is that it's much easier to decrease the price than increase it, so they started high.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #93
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

I kind of think astronomical is more the altitude.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #94
Ad_Enuff
Registered

Fish pricing is an on-going discussion between Prolific and Acrodea. Their argument is that it's much easier to decrease the price than increase it, so they started high.  
I sort of understand that theory, but a FULL version should be FULL. I was disappointed to see that 17 fish were missing, which if you have the LITE version with 2 fish and then you want to make an in-app purchase to buy it then fine, but the PAID FULL version it feels like you've been ripped off, especially when I have the PC version already.

I'm not criticising the product, but the way it's being marketed. Also, If I were to buy the additional 17 fish, personally I would like to pay a one off payment as a 17 PREMIUM fish pack, again I'd suggest make it cheaper than buying the fish individually.

But again, it looks like your creating 3 products instead of LITE and FULL.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #95
Jim Sachs
Developer

I totally agree, and have made these points to Acrodea. However, it's not my call since they paid me up front for the Droid rights (which is unprecedented for me). As long as the quality is up to my standards, it's their baby.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #96
Ad_Enuff
Registered

I totally agree, and have made these points to Acrodea. However, it's not my call since they paid me up front for the Droid rights (which is unprecedented for me). As long as the quality is up to my standards, it's their baby.  
The quality is perfect, on my Samsung Galaxy S2 it runs smoothly. I can't say the same for my TEGRA 3 based Transformer Prime, which I find very odd considering the GPU/CPU power under the hood, which runs very laggy and unsmooth (I've reported that to Acrodea via email).
Old 02-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #97
Time Crystal Pilot
Registered

In the product description (last updated December 15, 2012, according to Google), I find two instances of the word 'full': "full 3D" and "full acess [sic] for 24 hours". Otherwise, it is called the "standard" version.

It is however true that the product description is somewhat misleading, if you don't read it carefully. And I don't like the giant, unrealistic bubbles in the "Screenshots" -- looks like soap bubbles to me. But then again, I am not an Android user.
Time Crystal Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #98
henemly
asdf

$54 bucks, wow. I thought prices were outrageous here.
http://www.coltrain.byethost8.com
henemly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #99
pseudografx
Registered

I have just tried the Lite version and although it looks nice and is quite smooth on my Huawei Ascend G300 (which is rather a low-end device), the Live Wallpaper mode does not work at all - when I enable it, the application stops working immediately and the live wallpaper is replaced by a standard picture - it even replaced my previous background image with another, possibly the default one.
pseudografx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #100
Jim Sachs
Developer

Acrodea is making some changes to the interfaces which should fix problems like this. A lot of the problems seem to be with the documentation - just explaining what can and can't be done with the Lite version, and how to do it.

I don't have an Android device, but Reichart showed me MA3 on his Droid phone when we met in L.A. a couple of weeks ago. I was very impressed - Acrodea had done a beautiful and accurate port of my program. Since there are so many versions of the Android Operating System out there, I'm actually surprised at how well it works on most devices.
Jim Sachs
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows