Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 10-12-2005, 01:00 PM   #1301
drfish
the Doc

WINE supports a lot of Direct3D code now, and since the Aquarium is not really state of the art tech wise I don't doubt it would work just fine, current hardware is plenty fast to make up for any hit to the framerate because of the translation...

...but IANALG...
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 04:18 PM   #1302
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

YBYSAYA
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 04:23 PM   #1303
drfish
the Doc

IANALG -> I am not a Linux geek, it's a play on "I am not a lawyer."

And don't you mean, YBYSAIA?
Old 10-12-2005, 05:33 PM   #1304
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Well, since I'm not a Linux geek it would be kind of wrong to end with "IA", right?
I was aiming for "You Bet Your Sweet Ass You Are" as a play on "YBYSAIA". Guess you aren't an acronym geek either, neh?

/Are You A Tiny Turtle?
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:42 PM   #1305
drfish
the Doc

I just never knew about the turtle connection before, it threw me for a loop so I had to post it... Are you messing with my mind on purpose?

Edit: For the record I'm no more of an acronym geek than acronymfinder.com makes me, and since they had nothing on YBYSAYA I consulted Google only to have it suggested that I might be looking for YBYSWIA instead and since that was tied to turtles I thought you were just being extra clever...
Old 10-12-2005, 06:05 PM   #1306
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

lol, YYURYYUBICURYY4ME
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 07:04 PM   #1307
johnblommers
The Architect

Originally posted by Jav400:
lol, YYURYYUBICURYY4ME  
OMG the MB has deteriorated into acronym soup! I guess it's true, BWBB
Reasons people don't watch Star Trek:
60% - It’s for nerds.
39% - The show’s stupid.
01% - My parents were killed by Klingons and it's still too painful.
johnblommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 07:29 PM   #1308
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Originally posted by drfish:
. . . I thought you were just being extra clever...  
I'm always extra clever...

/Tiny Oy With the Poodles Already

Old 10-12-2005, 10:19 PM   #1309
Jim Sachs
Developer

Maybe you guys could move this topic to a thread with an easily-recognized title (so that I can avoid it like the Plague).
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 07:16 AM   #1310
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Nice hint, Jim. Very subtle. Will shut up now...

Old 10-13-2005, 11:39 PM   #1311
memilm
Registered

you can see on http://www.transgaming.com/ that those version of cedega(winex) can run the most of the windows directx games and I don't understand why will this will not properly work with the MA2.
memilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 08:44 PM   #1312
snook
Registered

"Sea horses would be fantastic"

Ditto
Ditto!

Also, it would be neat if some of the fish could kick some aquarium gravel around once in a while (like my Convict and Oscar like to do).

Any target date on when MA2 MD will support the clock/calendar crystal rock?
snook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 01:41 AM   #1313
Liamtg
Registered

yeah for a seahorse

Hey Jim,

Love this screen saver! Eye movement is great. Gills and mouth movement would be excellent additions. Would really like to see a seahorse. Don't imagine it would be difficult.
Excellent work, Congrats!
Liamtg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 06:05 AM   #1314
Johanume
Registered

New member stoked about the Aquarium

Hi there everyone! What do I need to know as a new member? Please update me. What I do know is that I'm supposed to get back to work right away. Which reminds me of an old acronym from my dad's old "tie pin": YCDBSOYA
Johanume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 03:49 PM   #1315
idleup
Registered

Are there third party plugins of additional fish that would work in SereneScreen Aquarium software? What about fish from sharks of the deep or goldfish?

- Matt
idleup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 03:10 AM   #1316
GreenHsiF
SereneScreenFanatic

So when are these two new fish going to be available and is there a cost?
GreenHsiF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:04 AM   #1317
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Snook,
Sea horses might be a part of a future creature pack. This will only happen after the 3D background has been created as some of these creatures will require a 3D background to be able interact with it. (i.e. the cleaner shrimp could climb on the coral or a moray eel could hide in a cave). Puching around the gravel will have to wait for some 3D gravel as well so that's post 3D background too.

LiamTQ,
Gills and mouth movement has gotten a thumbs-up from Mr. Sachs (a long time ago). Won't (very likely) happen before the above mentioned 3D background though.

Johan of Umeå,
That Jim will deliver the good stuff, but he doesn't give out release dates. plowing through the entire wishlist thread might seem like a huge task, but I believe it might provide you with some great insight. Am I a turtle? YBYSAIA!

Matt,
Nope. And the fish sharks and goldfish only swim in their respective tanks.

Green,
Not entirely specified. "Before Christmas" probably means sometime in December, but it might very well be earlier (and unfortunately late as well). AFAIK there will be no extra cost.

/Tiny Tidbits

Old 11-10-2005, 10:18 AM   #1318
Jim Sachs
Developer

Tiny covered it all pretty well. The only thing I might add is that the Lionfish (including the new Clearfin Lionfish) do have mouth and gill movement. Release should be extremely soon. I am going to Prolific today to talk about it.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:44 AM   #1319
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Whohoo! It's good to be wrong!

Old 11-16-2005, 03:06 AM   #1320
GreenHsiF
SereneScreenFanatic

-Jim,what made you make two more fish for the aquarium before the 3-D background is done?

-Will there be anymore fish available before the 3-D background is done?

-What made you pick the Achilles Tang and the Clearfin Lionfish?
GreenHsiF is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows