Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Logo Downloads and Help
Notices

Old 02-09-2006, 01:11 PM   #1
dopatton
Registered

MAT2 Freezes!

Hello to all in the forum,

I've purchased MAT2 ages ago and from what I gather there hasn't been a lot of development since then.

The reason for joining now and posting here, is a problem that I'm facing with the software in my new PC. I had a 2.4GHz P4 with an FX5700 nVidia chip on an WinXP SP2 that has been running with no problems whatsoever. Obviously I have been updating the nVidia drivers from time to time.

My new PC has a 3.2GHz P4 on a 6800GT card again on WinXP SP2 with the addition of some proggies that I didn't have before, like MSN Messenger, a p2p client etc.

As the title says, my problem is that MAT2 now freezes after it has been running for some random time; say 5, 10 or 15 minutes. By moving the mouse a bit, I'm back on Windows instantly. Actually, I have to use Ctrl+Alt+Del and bring the Task Manager on in order to get back to Windows. Can't really figure it out; mind you I'm computer literate.

On both systems, I had MAT2 with nearly all flags checked with default resolution always on 32-bit.

That's about it really. Thanks a lot for your time reading this; I hope that someone can help me out here.

Cheers
dopatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 05:07 PM   #2
RickDeckard
Be Smart!

Originally posted by dopatton:

As the title says, my problem is that MAT2 now freezes after it has been running for some random time; say 5, 10 or 15 minutes. By moving the mouse a bit, I'm back on Windows instantly. Actually, I have to use Ctrl+Alt+Del and bring the Task Manager on in order to get back to Windows. Can't really figure it out; mind you I'm computer literate.  
Hi dopatton,just a silly question...Did you lock unvoluntarily the mouse exit function with the hotkey "M"? Have a try...

Last edited by RickDeckard; 02-09-2006 at 06:11 PM.
RickDeckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:40 PM   #3
dopatton
Registered

Not sure what you mean, I'll have a look tomorrow.

Thanks
Old 02-10-2006, 12:18 PM   #4
RickDeckard
Be Smart!

When MA is active and you hit "M" on your keyboard,you disable/enable the option "exit on mouse move"...it's a possibility,but not sure that's THE solution.
RickDeckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:54 PM   #5
dopatton
Registered

Tried it; funnily enough, if the exit on mouse move is disabled (i.e. the flag is cleared) it freezes within a few seconds!

Now, this is weird people; what is its problem?

Anyway, thanks for your effort mate.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Logo Downloads and Help