Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 08-20-2001, 10:04 PM   #1
strike11
Registered

HELP...I'm curious now...

I just got a Dell Dimension 8100 and Jim's Aquarium (unbelievable...Thank You!) - I was surfing the forum and read some comments on hooking my computer screen up to my TV - So far I'm pretty computer illiterate when it comes to this stuff, but I know I have GeForce2 MX/MX 400 with TV Out for my video - does this mean there is a way to hook my screen up to my TV - I would do anything to have Jim's aquarium on my TV...I've searched my computer, www.nvidia.com, support.dell.com - and no place has anything on if I can, and if so, how to set it up...can some one at least point me in the right direction? Greatly Appreciated...A HUGE aquarium fan...
"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
strike11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 10:33 PM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Re: HELP...I'm curious now...

Have you tried running an RCA video cable from your computer to your VCR or the back of your TV set?
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 06:22 AM   #3
strike11
Registered

I didn't really know I could - I have to look at the back of my computer to see what kinda jacks are back there...I'll let you know!
Old 08-21-2001, 07:56 AM   #4
strike11
Registered

Okay, so I have the port on the back of my computer for an S-Cable - so that's good - so far it sounds like I need the cable to connect my computer to my tv - and if my tv doesn't have the s-cable input in the back I need an rf modulator - so I'll get the plugs - then what?

Thank You so much!
Old 08-21-2001, 02:22 PM   #5

You might also get composite video out of the S-Video connector, check the video card's documentation if your TV supports composite but not S-Video. If you don't have composite inputs either, you might prefer using a VCR as the RF modulator, probably cheaper and more convenient than a stand-alone RF modulator.
Old 08-21-2001, 11:12 PM   #6
Jim Sachs
Developer

You don't need an RF-modulator. If you have S-video out, then you already have composite. There are physical adapters that connect an S-video connector to a standard RCA jack.

Actuall, I just make my own. If you cut an S-video cable you'll find just two wires and a ground. Just solder the two wires to the center pin of an RCA jack, and the ground to the outer ring. This mixes the chroma and luma together, forming standard composite video (and losing the extra picture clarity that was gained by separating them in the first place).
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive