Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 12-05-2003, 06:54 AM   #1
Hostage of Eternity
Registered

MA2 not working, knowledge of computers minimal.

Hello - new to MA.

just downloaded MA2 and it was very very slow and made jerkymovements, if at all. the bubble noise is all that works properly.

Tried downloading DirectX 9 update, which, reading past forums was perhaps not the best thing to do. Made no difference anyway.

I don't understand most of what is said in the posts, my computer knowledge extends to pushing a button to turn it on

Should i try MA version 1.1 and if so, where can i find this?

Emma
Hostage of Eternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 07:04 AM   #2
klyntun

Emma,
We need to know more about your computer. What OS do you have (Microsoft 98, 2000, XP, etc)? Also what video card do you have? You can find out by going to Start>Run, then type in dxdiag and click OK.
You might try limiting Frames per Second on the MA2 settings screen. When you start up the screensaver, hit the space bar and the settings screen will come up. Make sure the screen resolution there is the same as your current settings. Select 16 bit rather than 32. Limit FPS to about 50.
I hope some of this helps. There are others here who know MUCH more than me and will soon add their knowledge, no doubt. Welcome to the forum.
Old 12-05-2003, 07:15 AM   #3
Hostage of Eternity
Registered

My OS is Windows ME. I am on a laptop.

I did the Diagnostic Tool thing you suggested and in the display tab in the Device box the 'Name' is
Silicon Motion Lynx EM+
is that what you needed to know?

Thank you for the suggestions, tried them and they did not work either.

Emma
Old 12-05-2003, 07:38 AM   #4
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Emma,

Sorry but those are made for ultra light portables and mainly 2d apps. These aquarium fish are renendered in real 3D, and before its over, the background will be also. Your notebook just isn't designed to run such things. I wish I could give you better news, but basically you are stuck. I hope you are trying the Demo before you purchased, testing like this is what its for.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 07:43 AM   #5
Hostage of Eternity
Registered

Ah - i wondered when i saw that
"Direct3D functionality not available"

thankyou for sorting that one out - don't have to worry about my computer
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive