Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive
Notices

Old 03-24-2003, 01:20 PM   #21
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Starfish in screen saver has been worked around -- the next release (next week or so) will have the fix in the screen saver as well as the application.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 01:27 PM   #22
cjmaddy
Registered

Dear faceless Unregistered Guest from nowhere!

My understanding that all Mac people are so nice is surely not misplaced!

I must take more care in future, when I tread this ground ..... the area is humorously challenged!

Perhaps a warning ...... Mac Forum! - You are now entering a humour free zone!

Last edited by cjmaddy; 03-24-2003 at 05:21 PM.
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 02:06 PM   #23
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

wachu talkinabout willis?

Hahahaha! That's a good one. Bring's back good TV memories. I loved that show.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 06:02 PM   #24
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Looking at that Mac settings panel, I say just suppress the 8th fish slot. I don't think it would look abnormal at all.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 06:08 PM   #25
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

You can drag a Mac Aquarium into the wide aspect ratio, which then shows the 8th fish... Just because your screen is 4:3 doesn't mean we won't let you see the wide version of the tank if you size your window correctly. Contra-wise, we don't restrict people with wide screens to wide windows...
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
Old 03-24-2003, 08:03 PM   #26
mrtew
Registered

Originally posted by JimO'Connor
Starfish in screen saver has been worked around -- the next release (next week or so) will have the fix in the screen saver as well as the application.

Cool, I can't wait to see that little critter MOVE! I have to say that he doesn't remember his position in the application for me though.... I tried the experiment posted above both before and after the instructions were posted and he fell back on the sand every time.
mrtew
mrtew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 01:16 AM   #27
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Mr. Tew,

Then you have something else going wrong as well. I may need to send you a debug build...
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
Old 03-25-2003, 04:20 PM   #28
iMark
Registered

My starfish remembers his position, he always starts out on the glass..my problem is, when the screensaver is running and I press 'space' to change the settings, the mouse cursor has disappeared and I have to exit the screensaver to get the cursor back. I never had this problem in the first couple of versions....any idea as to what the problem could be? I'm running the OS9 version.
iMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 12:29 AM   #29
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

I'll take a look at this.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
Old 03-26-2003, 07:40 AM   #30
iMark
Registered

Thanks, Jim...the problem, I've discovered this morning, only occurs when I put the cusor in the "start saver corner", but not if I use the "F" key, so it's not a big deal for me now....Thanks again for doing such a great job and porting this to OS9..does anybody have any idea when the DVD version will be released?...I'm really anxious to get this thing on my telly...
Old 03-26-2003, 08:19 AM   #31
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

I have a sample of the DVD, so I think they'll be available shortly.

Thanks for explaining the problem for me further, I probably wouldn't have been able to repro without that info.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
Old 03-26-2003, 08:41 AM   #32
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

News on the DVD located here http://www.serenescreen.com/product/...-dvd/index.php
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 09:33 AM   #33
iMark
Registered

thnx Jav400...but, I've been checking it every day for the "Coming Soon" bit to disappear, and "Now Available" to appear...lol
Old 03-26-2003, 12:42 PM   #34
FishTacoAfficionado
Registered

Originally posted by mrtew
Cool, I can't wait to see that little critter MOVE! I have to say that he doesn't remember his position in the application for me though.... I tried the experiment posted above both before and after the instructions were posted and he fell back on the sand every time.
mr tew,

Did you try running the app and pressing "F" for full screen mode. For some reason, getting the starfish up on the glass is only remembered by the application AFTER you press "F" to go into full screen mode and then allowing the starfish to crawl up to the desired postion, then quitting the application. This worked for me but hopefully, a fix will soon arrive when starfish positions can be remembered in the screensaver mode... after all, who ever really uses the application mode? me? not ever. Only just now when I try to reposition my starfish's starting point.
FishTacoAfficionado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 12:46 PM   #35
FishTacoAfficionado
Registered

oh, and yay. finally posting as a registered user!
Old 03-26-2003, 06:29 PM   #36
mrtew
Registered

Originally posted by FishTacoAfficionado
mr tew,

Did you try running the app and pressing "F" for full screen mode. For some reason, getting the starfish up on the glass is only remembered by the application AFTER you press "F" to go into full screen mode and then allowing the starfish to crawl up to the desired postion, then quitting the application. This worked for me but hopefully, a fix will soon arrive when starfish positions can be remembered in the screensaver mode... after all, who ever really uses the application mode? me? not ever. Only just now when I try to reposition my starfish's starting point.

Nope, you got my hopes up, but even that didn't work. I tried it about 10 times and he never remembered. You aren't using OS9 are you? I am using Jaguar. Once I finally figure out how to get him to say up there on the glass, I will probably start trying to figure out how to knock him back down. :-]
mrtew
Old 03-26-2003, 08:00 PM   #37
FishTacoAfficionado
Registered

Embarassed

Originally posted by mrtew
Nope, you got my hopes up, but even that didn't work. I tried it about 10 times and he never remembered. You aren't using OS9 are you? I am using Jaguar. Once I finally figure out how to get him to say up there on the glass, I will probably start trying to figure out how to knock him back down. :-]
OS9? What's that?

I'm using 10.2.4 and I was able to make my starfish remember under application mode "F" in all my macs. Did you try completely removing and re-installing the screensaver and app? Or an archive and re-install of jaguar then upgrade to 10.2.4.... then again, that's too much work just for an amnesiac starfish.
Old 03-26-2003, 08:59 PM   #38
mrtew
Registered

Originally posted by FishTacoAfficionado
OS9? What's that?

I'm using 10.2.4 and I was able to make my starfish remember under application mode "F" in all my macs. Did you try completely removing and re-installing the screensaver and app? Or an archive and re-install of jaguar then upgrade to 10.2.4.... then again, that's too much work just for an amnesiac starfish.

Yeah, but I did delete a LOT of preferences which reset everything in the Aquarium, but the starfish is still weak!
mrtew
Old 03-26-2003, 09:41 PM   #39
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

None of that is necessary. You can open up the plist in ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.prolific.ScreenSaver.Aquarium2.* and see if there is a value called "AquariumInternalPrefs". That is where the starfish location is stored. It isn't something you can edit easily. However, all zeros or absence would indicate that something is wrong.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
Old 03-26-2003, 09:51 PM   #40
mrtew
Registered

Originally posted by JimO'Connor
None of that is necessary. You can open up the plist in ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.prolific.ScreenSaver.Aquarium2.* and see if there is a value called "AquariumInternalPrefs". That is where the starfish location is stored. It isn't something you can edit easily. However, all zeros or absence would indicate that something is wrong.

Cool! How about someone with theirs on the glass post what they see there so I can paste it into mine and see if that keeps him up there?
mrtew
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive