Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive
Notices

Old 02-04-2003, 12:51 PM   #1
Unregistered

Screensaver won't come on

I just installed MA on a G4/DP500 and an original Strawberry iMac - both running OS 9.2.2. The installation went fine, and the test screen came up on both machines. I checked the "screensaver" box. The app is definately running. But - no fish. Neither machine clicks over to the screeensaver. The machines just go to sleep. So - I suspect that it does have something to do with energy saver, but any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Paul
Old 02-04-2003, 04:29 PM   #2
Michael Babin
Mac Development

First, try turning the Energy Saver completely off and see if you can get the screen saver to activate. If that doesn't work, try enabling a hot corner and see if you can get it to activate by putting the cursor in that corner (make sure the tip of the pointer is at the very corner and give it a few seconds to kick in). If none of this works, try enabling Apple extensions only (Mac OS 9.x All set in Extensions Manager), reboot, and try it again. If that works, then activate the other extensions a few at a time until you find the conflict.
Michael Babin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 01:28 PM   #3
BobL
Registered

iBook won't respond

Slightly different problem for me - left my iBook (14";600mhz;256mb RAM;30gbHD) with Aquarium running as selected from the desktop icon, and when I came back after a couple of hours and woke the iBook up (it hadn't gone to sleep as I notice the pulsing light on front edge wasn't on) the screen lit up with a frozen full screen image of the Aquarium. iBook refused to respond to any keystroke and in the end had to do a hard reset using the tiny 'paperclip' button next to the audio socket.
It is now back up and running, but I'll have to remember not to leave it with the Aquarium running like this.

Any thoughts?

Bob
BobL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive