Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 02-06-2014, 08:47 PM   #1
Nicki
Sugar Plum Fairy

Did we ever find a solution for this?

As stated a few weeks back in my personal thread, my brother bought a new monitor for the desktop. This leaves me free to play with the old monitor just for fun. So I thought I'd have a go getting MA3 to work with 2 screens, the old VGA monitor and my old laptop. It took me a while to figure out how to get Windows to recognise the extra screen but like Sheldon Cooper I have a spot where I like to sit that means the extra screen is to the left of the laptop. The right side of the aquarium shows on the left screen and the left side on the right screen even if I switch the relative positions of the screens in the driver. Was physically switching the positions of the screens the only solution? I'd have to sit in a different spot and not sure the cords would reach to do that.
Run you clever boy. And remember...
Nicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:26 PM   #2
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Lets see.. mirrors reverse the image.. Would placing the monitors in front of a mirror work

Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889 – 1951)
The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:34 AM   #3
cjmaddy
Registered

Oh NO!!!!! - Don't say we are back to, "...choosing which monitor is primary". ??? - HELP!!!

https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ead.php?t=4388
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:31 AM   #4
Time Crystal Pilot
Registered

Many thanks for that link, Cliff!
It is precisely the {choice of primary monitor; switch between windowed/fullscreen} tinkering that triggers the {featherdusters freeze; moray eel freezes but keeps moving around; lionfish disappear} issue in MA 3.2 and MA 3.3 beta.
Time Crystal Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:16 AM   #5
Jim Sachs
Developer

TCP - are you switching the primary monitor while MA3 is running? If so, then it will absolutely cause problems during that session, because MA3 does not keep checking to see if the primary monitor has been changed.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:28 PM   #6
Time Crystal Pilot
Registered

Changing the display settings while MA3 is running usually results in MA3 crashing (becoming black and unresponsive). I wouldn't dare to blame a screensaver for that.
To trigger the aforementioned behavior (freezing etc.), I need to configure Windows for a two-monitor setup, but assign MA3 to use only one of them, viz. the "second" screen. Then, after restarting MA3, pressing 'F' leads to a partly frozen aquarium bereft of lionfish.
Depending on whether the program started in windowed mode or not, it is always the other mode that shows the problematic behavior (consistently, when pressing 'F' repeatedly).

[edit]Correction: It is not the other mode that is affected, but the same mode the program starts in. I have to press 'F' at least twice (and generally an even number of times) to see the freezing. My apologies![/edit]

Last edited by Time Crystal Pilot; 02-07-2014 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 02-07-2014, 03:05 PM   #7
Nicki
Sugar Plum Fairy

I found the solution to my problem. I had to disconnect the VGA monitor in order to make changes to the driver. With the monitor attached changes were not being saved. One of those little things that makes Windows so charming I suppose.
Run you clever boy. And remember...
Nicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:45 AM   #8
Time Crystal Pilot
Registered

@Nicki: You may also want to check if your notebook has a BIOS setting for what screen(s) to activate before the operating system is loaded. In some setups, Windows prefers such BIOS settings over its own, if the pertinent device is actually present.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows