Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 08-11-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
ILWU13
Thomas Lee

Question Etched Crystal

Maybe I have not looked hard enough but I sure would love to be able to make my crystal have that white etched effect I had in the older versions. The current crystal has such dark colored and blocky numerals and letters. Is there a way to make the crystal have that faded etched effect I dont know about. Thanks for any help anybody can give me.
Other than that this screen saver rocks hard I let my computer run idle just to enjoy it. Once till my battery dired. hehehe
Thomas
ILWU13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

I assume you are talking about the clock and calendar function of the crystal. Eventually, there will be other fonts and styles to choose from.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:28 PM   #3
rem
Registered

logo in crystal

sorry for the hijack, but this is crystal related.

the logo i used for version 3 is the same one i created for the earlier version, but it looks to have shifted more to the left than the previous version, cutting off the left side. can this be adjusted? or do i just re-do the logo, accounting for the shift?
another tang
rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:44 PM   #4
Jim Sachs
Developer

Eventually, I'll put in code to allow the repositioning and resizing of logos. But for now, the logo will have to be manually repositioned within its own frame. This just takes a few seconds in any paint program.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:57 AM   #5
PaulsPics
Registered

Thats nice to know Jim, ANY paint Program ???
Many Moons ago when on Serene screen , first one with the logo, I asked about creating my own logo on the Crystal.
Morgan , I think . then posted some sample Blanks, and the comprehensivee instructions for processing it. At that point of time, and I do not know if there has been any changes, the required Program to use was Adobe Paint ? But thats exxpensive. I already had 'Paint Shop Pro' and still have, and the results would not materialise clearly and I have a half hearted end result. There were some forum members who 'offered' to create the Crystal logo for me. BUT pride took place and I said I would keep striving to do it myseelf!!!!!!!!
Needless to say I still have my rather feeble attempt but enjoy seeing it pass by on MA3 as it slews by.
Bottom line is that - years are passing - brain is slowing - and I am now asking again if those Kind Fellars are still up on the forum as I would love to now get a decent looking result. even if I can not say that I was the expert who created it.
Could anybody ofer assistance again please. I am now also posting this as I realise that you must have many new members who are not fully aware of this option in the past. Stone the Crows , even my typing is goinng down the drain these days, sorry.
with best regards for all these years Paul's Pics Downunder
Paul
PaulsPics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:52 AM   #6
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I'm still happy to produce logos for folks. It is very helpful if you can upload your high resolution source material here so I can go from there. I didn't realize the logo in MA3 was so far different from MA2.6. It would mean re-doing all the logos I created years back.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows