Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 06-19-2006, 04:01 AM   #21
cjmaddy
Registered

I don't know for sure what Ed is seeing either, you'll both have to ask him nicely for a photo! - He's been promising to take one for months!

As for the pass-throughs, I hadn't noticed the second one! - I simply wanted to get a quick screen grab, and noticed that I had caught a neon/barb 'coming together'. - It just goes to show how frequent the occurrence is with Aqua Garden. I don't understand why they haven't improved things after all this time. Until Dream Aquarium came along, I considered AG the best freshwater screen saver, with lots of potential once they fixed the ridiculous number of pass-throughs!

ps, - They might believe you, Doc. - They don't seem to want to believe me!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:59 AM   #22
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Because we're trying to establish what proportions (and level of cropping) W is actually seeing on his monitors! If he has adjusted the settings on his monitor to distort (I mean stretch) the tank it won't show up on the screenshot when displayed on a properl proportioned monitor...
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:35 AM   #23
drfish
the Doc

So you're thinking he has it running across both of them and then stretched vertically until the top and or bottom are off the screen far enough to make it look normal? And not that he thinks that the distortion is just not a big deal? If Ed doesn't have pics up by the time I get home I'll try to settle this myself...
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:50 AM   #24
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yes, Tiny has it exactly right. I didn't want to go into too much detail for fear of effending Ed, but I've seen so many instances of otherwise perfectly normal, intelligent people putting up with the most outrageous stretching on their TVs, that I just wanted to make sure.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:11 AM   #25
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Yes, Tiny has it exactly right.  
I should put that in my sig...

I don't think W will be offended. He has thick skin, a positive nature and also, to each his own if nothing else.
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:38 AM   #26
cjmaddy
Registered

It's even worse over here, Jim. - The TV companies themselves can't get it right either! - It drives me mad, - ITV transmit a F1GP 4x3 picture on their 16x9 digital transmissions!!! ... We therefore get Formula One racing cars going around the circuits with oval wheels! ... And nobody bothers!
Old 06-19-2006, 10:56 AM   #27
drfish
the Doc

You think you've got it bad? We get Nascar with round wheels...
Old 06-19-2006, 11:35 AM   #28
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

F1 I could watch, but this round and round in an oval makes me nuts.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:39 AM   #29
drfish
the Doc

My point was that Nascar would be more interesting if they used oval wheels...
Old 06-19-2006, 11:44 AM   #30
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

You can have it Doc, I wouldn't watch it if they had square wheels.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:54 AM   #31
drfish
the Doc

To be sure there's nothing that could make me watch it, but it might be fun to look at until everything blew up.

Edit: If they made the track just right it might just work.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:21 PM   #32
cjmaddy
Registered

I've lost some interest in F1 in the past few years. Partly because of the change over to ITV, but also because the so called sport has shot itself in the foot with all its rule changes, and qualifying changes. - It's now fast becoming a boring procession.
Last sunday, because of the football, I didn't even switch it on! ... That's a first!
Old 06-20-2006, 12:10 AM   #33
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

The thing that makes F1 so boring is the extreme use of tele-lenses. All sens of speed is lost when the cars just keep growing so slowly. The difference in sense of speed with the onboard cameras is amazing! Alpine skiing is another sport suffering heavily from this.

/Tiny Change, Please

Old 06-20-2006, 10:08 AM   #34
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Hey everyone, I promiss to post my pictures of SS with the dual monitors. Plus the other fish savers I have. I just can't do it right now because of problems here. And today is a bad one. But I promiss I will.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:15 AM   #35
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

take your time ED, I know how problems go................best of luck.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive