Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 02-14-2009, 10:40 AM   #1
rctneil
Registered

Question Updated Installer with Beta

Hello,
I have just replaced MarineAquarium3.scr in the syswow64 folder with MA3Beta.scr which I renamed to be MArineAquarium3.scr and the beta know shows up as the installed version which is great but if I choose to display the analogue clock on the crystal and then exit out of the aquarium and back in again the clock reverts to the default MA3 logo. How can I get it to show whatever was last displayed on the srystal to show up when the aquarium is restarted?

Thanks

Regards,
Neil
rctneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:53 AM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

Working on it...
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:57 AM   #3
rctneil
Registered

Excelelnt Thanks

Also, I know this is a long shot but when will you have another stab at the bezel gap adjuster?

Thanks

Regards,
Neil
rctneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:54 AM   #4
Jim Sachs
Developer

Probably after the Logo interface, music interface, clams, and new fish models.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-14-2009, 11:54 AM   #5
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I would personally be quite happy with the "bezel gap adjuster" being a few text entry fields.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:04 PM   #6
Jim Sachs
Developer

Huh? I think maybe you are under the impression that the bezel-gap problem is merely an interface issue. The interface couldn't be easier, either from a programming or user's point of view. It's not a question of generating some numbers to put between the screens, it's where to insert those numbers into the program without serious visual anomolies showing up.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-14-2009, 01:49 PM   #7
Nicki
Sugar Plum Fairy

Just out of curiosity , does anyone have any figures ballpark or otherwise about what percentage of users have a multiscreen set up ? I can do it , but it involves moving things from one computer to another , but am thinking of upgrading my main monitor and might as well hook up the old one as secondary . It's just going to collect dust otherwise ...

Dream Aquarium has a rudimentary set of bezel adjustments that the user has to input themselves into a file called settings.txt , which as you can guess , Vista64 sometimes but not always moves to a different folder . However , Dream Aquarium does not yet have a full double width 3D tank , so it is split high or low on one of the existing tanks , and it doesn't pan either so the problems there are not anywhere near as complex . I don't know if this is what Feldon is referring to , because I haven't seen him over at DA forum , but wanted to mention it for the sake of the information .
Run you clever boy. And remember...
Nicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:57 PM   #8
Jim Sachs
Developer

I'd guess that 10% of the users have multimonitor setups. You can't go by the Forum members, because they are hard-core computer users.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-14-2009, 02:58 PM   #9
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I see 4 parameters:

Monitor #1 Z Adjust (Zoom):
Monitor #2 Z Adjust (Zoom):
Monitor #1 X Adjust (Pan):
Monitor #2 X Adjust (Pan):

The Z Adjust on Monitor 1 and Monitor 2 adjusts the Z position (Zoom) of the camera slightly.

The X Adjust on Monitor 1 and Monitor 2 adjusts the X position (Pan) of the camera slightly.

Most users would zoom in slightly on Monitor 1 and 2, pan Monitor 1 slightly to the left and pan Monitor 2 slightly on the right. The user can make adjustments as needed.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 03:05 PM   #10
Jim Sachs
Developer

The problem is that there are not two cameras. The single viewpoint has to be sent though various projection matrices to come up with two screens.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-14-2009, 03:56 PM   #11
cjmaddy
Registered

I find the Dream Aquarium bezel adjustment to be very simple to use, and it works perfectly. Different monitors will of course require differing amounts of allowance. Therefore the user must have to input that amount themselves, somewhere! - DA can and does have double width tanks, but I agree that the major difference is that DA does not pan! - I can see that that must introduce a completely different and complex set of problems, that don't even exist in DA.
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:32 PM   #12
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
The problem is that there are not two cameras. The single viewpoint has to be sent though various projection matrices to come up with two screens.  
That's fairly obvious, given panning and 3D (logic says you can't pan multiple viewpoints) - and you've pointed it out several times before.

However, if you provided 4 (optional) adjustments, then Morgan might be eternally busy playing with them, with the only complaint being that he could never get them adjusted exactly right.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows