Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-27-2003, 05:27 PM   #1
dimbulb
Registered

Two MA2 problems

I'm running a MSI Ti4200 AGP8X video card, the monitor is a 21 inch Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 21TX. Refresh rate set in Display Properties is 75 hertz. Fiddling with the refresh rate or screen res seems to have no affect.

Problem One, as fish swim and touch the left side of the screen or the top of the screen, they leave a "scar", meaning that a few pixels change to a lighter color on the screen edge. This only happens in full screen mode and seems to happen no matter what screen res is selected. Also the area where the bubbles leave the screen at the top is "scarred". Needless to say, hit the spacebar twice and scar is removed only to come back when a fish touches the left edge or top??? This is only noticeable if the background color is quite dark. I usually set mine to a dark blue.

Problem Two: If MA2 is running in Full Screen mode and the space bar is hit, the Settings text is all blacked out. For instance on the Settings tab, the text like "Exit on Mouse Move" is just a black box, as is all similar text on that tab.

All text is blacked out except the text on the HELP Tab and the resolution text above the 16 or 32bit selection on the Settings tab.

Also all text looks normal if the Aquarium is running in Windowed Mode.

Any ideas?
dimbulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 05:46 PM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Sounds like very old drivers.

Please visit http://www.nvidia.com/ and download the latest 41.09 drivers for your GeForce Ti4200 card.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 09:59 PM   #3
dimbulb
Registered

Thanks, I feel like a dummy. Silly me, I thought the latest drivers at MSI were the latest drivers.

Installed the latest drivers from nvidia and both problems went away, live and learn.
dimbulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 10:53 PM   #4
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

dimbulb,

No reason. No one knows anything till they learn it the first time.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 10:55 PM   #5
feldon34
Forum Administrator

For nVidia video cards (not to be confused with a video chipset on a motherboard or in a laptop) I disregard the drivers from the vendor and use the "reference" nVidia drivers.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 03-27-2003, 10:57 PM   #6
feldon34
Forum Administrator

We're working on improving the Help section of the Fan Site. It needs sections.
Old 03-30-2003, 03:51 AM   #7
Hoosier
Registered

I've got the same provlem as Dimbulb only I've got a vEGA Geforce4 TI4200 4X card, 1024X768 resolution and 32 bit color and I am using v41.09 drivers.. Any other suggestions?
Hoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 10:30 AM   #8
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Which version of Windows?
Which version of DirectX?
Old 03-30-2003, 12:23 PM   #9
Hoosier
Registered

XPPro, SP1, and a few SP2 fixes. DirectX 8.1 and it's a 128Meg graphics card too, it that helps any.

Thanks..

Hoosier
Old 04-02-2003, 07:01 AM   #10
Hoosier
Registered

FYI: Last night I installed DirectX 9.0a & v43.45 drivers. That took care of this problem and the sleep mode problem I was having.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:59 AM   #11
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Great to hear!
Old 03-04-2006, 09:47 PM   #12
Rob76
Registered

Originally posted by dimbulb:

Problem One, as fish swim and touch the left side of the screen or the top of the screen, they leave a "scar", meaning that a few pixels change to a lighter color on the screen edge. This only happens in full screen mode and seems to happen no matter what screen res is selected. Also the area where the bubbles leave the screen at the top is "scarred". Needless to say, hit the spacebar twice and scar is removed only to come back when a fish touches the left edge or top??? This is only noticeable if the background color is quite dark. I usually set mine to a dark blue.  
I'm getting this problem with Geforrce 7800GTX with latest drivers (forceware 81.98).

I can get rid of the 'scars' on the left side by setting the Anamorphic factor to 1.001 but I can't get rid of the top edge marks left by the bubbles and the fish.

Any ideas?

Rob
Rob76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive