Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 06-14-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
BUZZIN_NICE
Registered

temp disable screensaver whilst video playing

not sure if this is a bug or a windows feature but the other day i was playing a video file on my father's pc and i was quite annoyed that the screensaver popped up whilst i was hoping to watch the video uninterrupted. the problem was when i exited the screensaver the video wasnt playing correctly i had to close window media player and start it again.

anychance that there could be a feature included to disable screensaver on videos being played?

regards

buzzin
BUZZIN_NICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

I don't know how I could tell that a video is playing.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:12 PM   #3
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Pretty sure Windows won't let an app override the screen saver time limit.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:17 PM   #4
Dale
Banned

Absolutely sure that the same Screensaver behavior would occur, if you used one of the built-in Windows Screensavers. (In other words, that's a Windows Feature).

Messing up video play might or might not be an artifact of MA3, with your system and your drivers.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:44 AM   #5
BUZZIN_NICE
Registered

damn thats such a shame because its only now that it has dawned on me - it seems an obvious problem - not with your software but in windows itself. Anyone else get annoyed with this too or is it just me?
Old 06-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #6
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

I watch movies in full screen on my PC all the time and the "Stars" screensaver never interupts. It might be the viewer you use. I use Media Player Classic.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:44 PM   #7
Mikey242
Registered

It's definitely down to the player. I have used many that have the option to disable screensaver when video is playing.
Mikey242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:30 PM   #8
BUZZIN_NICE
Registered

Argh yes good idea guys, it could be the settings of windows media player from this windows 7 beta. I'll have a look and then update the thread. Thanks guys.

Buzzin
Old 06-15-2009, 06:38 PM   #9
BUZZIN_NICE
Registered

ok guys i've just checked and in the windows media player settings there is a player tab that hold an option for allowing the screensaver to operate during playback, however, this option is not ticked??? so the screensaver should not be coming on.

its probably buggy windows software with it still being beta, anyone else able to test this?
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows