Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 06-23-2010, 04:53 AM   #1
MadBob
Guitar Man

Android Version

Hi Jim

Will there be an Android version of either 2.6 or 3.x? After buying the iPhone version I bought the Samsung Galaxy S instead as the only thing I preferred about the iPhone 4 was the design.

I would be more than happy to buy an Android compatible release, anyway the other half is asking for an iPhone so I may get to use it.
MadBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:32 AM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

Chances are very slim. The iPhone version of MA2.6 was a very easy port for Jim O'Connor's team, since it was an almost direct copy of the Mac code. The whole point of Marine Aquarium is its big, hi-definition picture, so the iPhone's tiny screen never did it justice. Sales picked up greatly once the iPad came out, but it's still questionable whether it was worth the effort. Even after reaching #7 on the iPad Entertainment charts, my share of the sales only bought my dinner each night.

Development costs for an Android version would be very high, since we have no code which could be ported directly, and the user-base will always be only a tiny fraction of the iPhone/iPad base. Not worth the trouble for one or two sales a day.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:25 AM   #3
Ad_Enuff
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Chances are very slim. The iPhone version of MA2.6 was a very easy port for Jim O'Connor's team, since it was an almost direct copy of the Mac code. The whole point of Marine Aquarium is its big, hi-definition picture, so the iPhone's tiny screen never did it justice. Sales picked up greatly once the iPad came out, but it's still questionable whether it was worth the effort. Even after reaching #7 on the iPad Entertainment charts, my share of the sales only bought my dinner each night.

Development costs for an Android version would be very high, since we have no code which could be ported directly, and the user-base will always be only a tiny fraction of the iPhone/iPad base. Not worth the trouble for one or two sales a day.  
Originally posted by MadBob:
Hi Jim

Will there be an Android version of either 2.6 or 3.x? After buying the iPhone version I bought the Samsung Galaxy S instead as the only thing I preferred about the iPhone 4 was the design.

I would be more than happy to buy an Android compatible release, anyway the other half is asking for an iPhone so I may get to use it.  
Actually there is quite a good Aquarium Live Wallpaper for Android 2.1 and above phones from KittehFace Software

http://www.kittehface.com/p/live-wallpapers.html

There is a FREE version and a Donation version with extra fish and extra backgrounds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fish.jpg (82.3 KB, 39 views)
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 3600.0 MHz, 16Gb DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4Gb RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64Bit
Ad_Enuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:01 PM   #4
Panthera
Hygenius

Re: kittehface: It's not available to all android phones though, I have the myTouch slide and it isn't compatible.
Panthera Tigris Altaica
The largest living cat in the world, the Siberian Tiger possesses both
grace and beauty. Although it spends a lot of time hunting,
its reputation as a vicious killer is undeserved ....
Panthera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:21 AM   #5
Ad_Enuff
Registered

Originally posted by Panthera:
Re: kittehface: It's not available to all android phones though, I have the myTouch slide and it isn't compatible.  
As I said above its for 2.1 Android phones and above only ie phones that are capable of running LIVE Wallpapers. I have an HTC Desire and works superbly. Of course with a 1Ghz Snap Dragon processor inside it's not surprising.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 3600.0 MHz, 16Gb DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4Gb RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64Bit
Old 07-12-2010, 07:13 AM   #6
Ad_Enuff
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:

Jim, I hope you may change your mind in the future. I found this Live Wallpaper / screensaver purely based on Sachs and searched for Aquarium. The fish are no where near as nicely detailed, modelled and animated as yours and would beat it hands down

This Live Wallpaper got a review on Android Central and was pushed to the front page as a news item and then got a ton of hits and downloads.

With yours being prettier and far superior, I'm sure you'd get the same coverage.

But I understand your point of view.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #7
MadBob
Guitar Man

Anything changed on this in 3 years since I asked it? The phones are now getting super powerful and taking the market share.
MadBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:37 PM   #8
Ad_Enuff
Registered

Originally posted by MadBob:
Anything changed on this in 3 years since I asked it? The phones are now getting super powerful and taking the market share.  
Hi MB,

You have been out the loop for some time haven't you?

Jim has granted licence to Acrodea in Japan to re-create it for Android.

http://www.acrodea.co.jp/product/MarineAquarium/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.acrodea.fish

The only questionable thing for me, is the price for a Live Wallpaper. If you look at some of the excellent Live Wallpapers out there for $1 to $3, the price of U$ 21.00!!! (GBP £13) is just ridiculous.

One of the things I liked about Sim Aquarium is that if you have a PC License you can use that to unlock all the features in the Android version for free

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...imAquarium.LWP

Shame the MA3 Android version doesn't allow the same.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:55 AM   #9
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

I went and updated my phone yesterday and got a Galaxy S4 and put the aquarium on the new one and it runs like a champ on this phone. The screen res of this phone is 1920 x 1080 and it looks great.

My 3 year old phone just wasn't up to par and couldn't handle it.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:50 PM   #10
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yeah, the Android version really looks great on the hi-res displays. The Acrodea guys did a great job on the conversion.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows