Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 04-15-2010, 05:09 PM   #1
Im_Bryan
Registered

Exclamation 3 Monitor Issue

Hi everyone
I have to say I usually dont like screen savers but I LOVE THIS ONE. I find it relaxing and very unique.

I am running Marine Aquarium 3 Version: T928.3.0.1953.
My system specifications are listed below everything...
(by the way Im not running in SLI mode)

Ok heres my problem... When I had two(2) 24" monitors the screen saver worked fine. It looked like one big fish tank with fish swimming from screen to screen no problem... Now that I have three(3) 24" monitors I cant get it to run well. If Im lucky I get the logo screen on all three monitors perfectly but then when it goes to the fish tank scene I get a very faint flashing image on two of the three monitors. I can make out that it is the image of the fish tank and the resolution looks somewhat low compared to what I usually run and what the screen saver usually runs at... Now Im running Ultramon also and if I play with the settings I CAN get it to work on all three BUT its three individual fish tanks on each screen... Not one big one spanning across all monitors...

Any one have any ideas what I need to do to make it work on all three monitors???? Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Thank you everyone for looking and your time and help

Bryan
  • XFX X58i LGA1366 SLI Motherboard
  • Intel Core i7 920 2.66Mhz Quad Core Processor
  • 12Gb (24max) Corsair XMS PC10666 DDR3 1333Mhz Memory
  • 2 - 1Tb Western Digital SATA-3G Hard Drives with Removable Bays
  • 2 - EVGA GeForce 9500GT 1Gb PCIe Dual DVI Link SLI Video Cards
  • Plextor 24x SATA DVDRW with Lightscribe
  • Plextor 12x SATA Blu Ray Burner
  • Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatality Champion Series with I/O Drive
  • Hauppauge WinTV HRV1600 Dual TV Tuner
  • Ultra LSP750 750w Power Supply
  • Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower Black Case
  • 3 - Samsung 2494SW 24" wide LCD Monitors> (Running at 1900x1200 ea.)
  • Wacom Combination Digitizer Pen/Mouse (Never needs Batteries)
  • Standard Old School 101 Keyboard
  • Microsoft Windows Se7en 64bit
Im_Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:53 AM   #2
cjmaddy
Registered

Welcome to the forum, Bryan,

Something similar to your problem is covered here....
https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...36&#post117136
MA3 is not wide enough to cover three screens. So you will have black bars at each end, (or a distorted image).
See also... https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ead.php?t=5063
You will need to have the correct video card driver setup, for a three monitor system.

.... Hope that the above might be of some help.
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:28 AM   #3
Im_Bryan
Registered

Hi there and thanks... Thanks for the reply also... I had looked through the forum for simular problems before posting but couldnt find any. Sorry for the double post...

Thanks for the links also... Seems Im haven the same problem others are... I did find out why Im haven a problem though which was good...

Thanks again
Bryan
Old 05-06-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
Im_Bryan
Registered

Question Something interesting I found out

Hello....

Im still trying to get the screen saver to work on three 24" monitors and found something interesting that may be of interest and hopefully can be the thing to cure the multi screen problem... (just my two cents)

Ok now remember three 24" monitors total size is 5759 wide X 1079 high

Im only using Windows default screen saver program and the Aquarium software settings only. Ultramon dosent help at all and is used only for the multiple monitor task bar.

If I check "start in windowed mode" click "preview" and stretch it end to end top to bottom of all three monitors it looks great, works great... No choppy video, no lag nothing, works flawlessly and even has a sharp image (See full size image link).

Only thing is I can not get it to stay that way once you set the screen saver to come on normally. It goes back to the original small window. It only seems to work when you hit "preview" How can I get that to stay full screen 5759 x 1079 all the time?

Im sorry I dont know anything about programing but would it be possible to incorporate a setting to tell it what size window you want and have it stay that way?

Use my link to see the Full Size view of Screen saver 5759 x 1079: http://www.bstcomputers.com/tank.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks everyone...
Bryan
Old 05-06-2010, 02:45 PM   #5
Jim Sachs
Developer

I don't know of a way to fool Windows into making a program come up as a window in Screensaver Mode. From their viewpoint, a screensaver must hide your secret data on the screen, so it must cover the whole screen. I'll look into it further, though.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:51 PM   #6
Im_Bryan
Registered

Hi Jim and thanks for the quick reply... That was only in preview mode. In normal screen saver mode it did hide everything like you said.

I did notice and was weird is that when you use the Screen saver Windowed mode hit the windows default preview then stretch it across all monitors you could actually still work and bring up your normal windows like email or internet etc... was weird having that and the fish swimming in the back ground hahaha..
Old 05-06-2010, 02:53 PM   #7
Jim Sachs
Developer

Preview mode can use a window, but when Windows automatically launches a Screensaver, it makes sure it's in Full-Screen mode.
Jim Sachs
Old 05-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #8
Im_Bryan
Registered

Ahhhhh ok I see... Oh well I thought I was on to something... It looks awesome across all three monitors...

How hard would it be to make it the 5759 wide X 1079 high??? I know people said about adding stuff to fill in the extra space but I dont think its needed... I had no problem what so ever stretching it to the 5759 pixels wide... Each of my monitors is 1920x1080

Im sorry if Im missing something I dont know a thing about programing... Just building and fixing computers and creating websites...
Old 05-06-2010, 03:10 PM   #9
Jim Sachs
Developer

I don't let the image get "stretched" like widescreen TVs. The program keeps the proper aspect ratio and tries to adjust the height accordingly. That's why it still looks good when you stretch it across 3 monitors.

But this is a never-ending battle. In 2000, it was an ultra-hi-res (at the time) 1024x768. People asked for widescreen, so I made it 1280x768. People asked for dual-monitors, so I gave them two screens, then two widescreens. Now you're asking for three, then it will be four. There's no end to this game. Time to move on to something else.
Jim Sachs
Old 05-06-2010, 03:17 PM   #10
Im_Bryan
Registered

I hear ya and can understand what your saying... Thats just my lack of knowledge about programming.. I just know its very time consuming..

Well even still its an awesome program and I love it. It does work on two of the monitors and will continue using it of course... I can always show off the tank manually when friends are here and make it full screen...

Thank you Jim for your time and help
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows