Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 01-22-2003, 11:12 PM   #1
{BlackCross}
Registered

Embarassed Great Proggy Run 250-400fps!

What a wonderful little program! Awsome! Definitley worth the cost! Detail and lighting unbelievable. Great fps too 400fps at 1024x768 and 250fps at 1280x1024
{BlackCross} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 01:09 AM   #2
fishbowl
Cramped Quarters

Question WoW !

Are you sure you don't mean 40.00 fps at 1024x768 and 25.00 fps at 1280x1024? I've never heard of any video card getting those type of frame rates!(not even close)

{BlackCross} what are the specs of your pc/mac?

Jim, are these frame rates even possible within the aquarium?

I think maybe {BlackCross} mistyped those fps (because I'm not buying it, that he got such high framerates).
fishbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 01:41 AM   #3
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

*sigh*

Highest fps mentioned on the forum is ~1250 fps, but that was running few fish in a small window on a PC with a GF Ti4600.

The point is that the fps count is utterly pointless. BC's monitor won't display a higher amount of frames than his sweep frequency in Hz (i.e. 400FPS at 1024x768@100Hz would make the computer throw away 300 frames every second). I don't think you could spot the difference between 70 and 100 fps on the Aquarium either. In Quake/Unreal/whatever the fps varies heavily which makes the need for a higher fps count to work as a buffer a good idea. Look at the fps count for the aquarium – it differs on a decimal level...

Of course, if you need to tell everybody how cool you are for spending big bucks on your computer and at the same time tell everybody you don't understand how your monitor works – then that post is an excellent effort.

I agree on the "wonderful little program" part though.

/Tiny Know-how
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.

Last edited by Tiny Turtle; 01-23-2003 at 01:49 AM.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 02:20 AM   #4
fishbowl
Cramped Quarters

Angry

Well, looks like I stand corrected. Thanks for the explanation Tiny, it makes a lot more sense now. I guess you do learn something new everyday.

{BlackCross}, I didn't mean to come off harsh or anything, just have never seen such high framerates. I'm glad you are pleased with the aquarium, as I too, think it's wonderful. Anyways, welcome to the forum & hope to hear from you again!

/Tiny Lesson
Old 01-23-2003, 03:57 AM   #5
Yellow Tang
YT

Tournaments Won: 1

Fishbowl,
why isn't your fishbowl animatad? Please let the little green fish swim around. That would be great. 20-30 frames should be enough.

{BlackCross},
This "wonderful little program" is already available for aprox. 2 years now. You're late, but never too late. And welcome to a wonderful little forum!
Yellow Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 05:38 AM   #6
fishbowl
Cramped Quarters

Embarassed Freedom !

Yellow Tang, I took you up on your suggestion & decided to give my little green fish his freedom. He now swims happily about his fishbowl. Hope you enjoy watching him swim!
Old 01-23-2003, 06:17 AM   #7
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

BC,
I re-read my original post and would also like to say that it sounds a lot harsher than Ï intended. Sometimes one person (here: you) receives a volley because others has asked the same question several times before. Please accept my apologies and welcome to what normally is one of he friendlier forums on the web (hehe, like I've checked 'em all out ).

Fishbowl,
Ecellent avatar improvement! Made me think a bit. Is that a 3D rendering? Couldn't you put a green background (somewhere inbetween the two forum greens) when you render it and then make the part that is white right now transparent?

YT,
Great avatar idea (See above). Still like the subtle animation on yours too.

/Tiny Update
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 08:37 AM   #8
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Blackcross,

Glad you are enjoying the screensaver so much, and it is running so well for you. Stay tuned for more updates in the future. Right now, Jim is working on a freshwater version. As soon as that is released, he will return to the saltwater version and we will be getting a new 3D background and other goodies. And Welcome to our Forum.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 09:42 AM   #9
Yellow Tang
YT

Tournaments Won: 1

fishbowl,

Wow, that was fast! Absolutely perfect. That's exactly what I had in my mind.
And give the green background a try (see Tiny's post).
Yellow Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 02:46 PM   #10
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

fishbowl,

I bet that poor little fella gets dizzy as all get out just going around and around like that all day . Makes me dizzy just watching him.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 02:59 PM   #11
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
fishbowl
COOL man, how about just make the background of fishbowl transparent?
I think u can add ur avatar in to our avatar collection thread
hehe
Here
https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...=&threadid=893
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive