Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 10-17-2008, 10:43 AM   #1
dboyd420
Registered

Heat wave Effect

I noticed when the screen pans all the way to the right, stops, and starts moving to the left; it creates a heat wave effect across the anemone. It may be my crappy video card, but it doesn't appear to do this on the left side.

P.S. Is this the anemone that you plan on having to clowns in, or the carpet anemone near the cave. It would be cool to be able to have a pair of Percula clowns in one, and Pink-Skunks in the other.
dboyd420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:54 AM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

The problem you report is probably tearing caused by the video card updating its memory in the middle of a scan. It should be even more noticeable if you scroll faster with the arrow keys. Most cards have a setting in their Display Properties sheet to eliminate this (at the cost of frames-per-second). It's usually called "Vsync" or "Wait for Vblank" or somesuch.

Re: the anemone - Yes, the one on the far right is where the clownfish are planned. The green carpet may be home to other fish, as it's extremely easy to have them hang out there (no moving "fingers" to deal with).
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:04 PM   #3
G600
Registered

I also observed a heat wave effect but only when scrolling with the arrow keys.In the settings of the video card I forced on Vsync but that doesn't make any difference.If I change the sleep parameter with Vsync on, the effect almost disappears with sleepvalues ranging from 15(71 fps) to 23(45 fps).I've chosen a value in between of 18, but it is not saved after restarting the aquarium.I think I read somewhere in this forum that a slider for this parameter will be introduced so I hope to see one in a future version.

Intel(R)Celeron(TM) 1.4GHz, 512MB Memory, GeForce4Ti 4200 with AGP8x, Windows XP
G600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows