Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-28-2004, 07:17 PM   #181
sunny
Registered

klyntun,
try using the sach registry cleaner...

.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>°

°o°°Oo°oO°
><(((°>° °<°)))><
sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 07:34 PM   #182
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

As far as I know the old version and the new version use the same registry settings, except for a few additions. When you deleted the old version you probably deleted the registry settings for the new one also. Delete it again, run the cleaner, and reinstall the latest version.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 08:44 PM   #183
klyntun

Sunny and Michael,
Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded and installed the Registry Cleaner (I got a prompt asking if I wanted to enter that into my registry and I said OK), but after reinstalling MA 2, I get the same message about having a keycode that is for an older product. I've sent an email to Prolific to see if they can help.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:41 PM   #184
klyntun

Ahhh, how satisfying to get good customer service! I got an email from Prolific today that gave me a new MA 2.0 Upgrade keycode, and walked me step-by-step through cleaning old pieces of it out of my system and installing it again. All is now back to normal. >>thinks "...another satisfied customer..."<<
Old 03-29-2004, 10:24 PM   #185
sunny
Registered

nice to hear that your ma2 is running ..

.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>°

°o°°Oo°oO°
><(((°>° °<°)))><
sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 12:29 AM   #186
klyntun

Old 03-30-2004, 04:29 AM   #187
Marian Nichols
~Author~

I hear your sigh of contentment.
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 04:46 PM   #188
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
do they explain to you why is your original keycode cannot work? for some reason? if they plan to switch the old keycode to new, then there must be heaps of people with similar problem like you and I don't think most of them can get out of it from emailing Prolific actively by themself.
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 08:28 PM   #189
klyntun

James,
The email I got from Prolific didn't address why my original keycode didn't work. From the body of the email I glean that it had something to do with deleting previous versions and still having bits and pieces of them in the system. As per instructions, I searched out and eliminated previous versions with the .scr on them (I found a few of them). Then I installed Jim's Registry Cleaner (already had), downloaded MA2-MD, disabled VirusScan, set my screen color to 16 bit, re-installed, and entered my new upgrade keycode. For all I know, I could have skipped the first steps and just entered the keycode, but I trust these guys (or gals) from Prolific and wanted to be sure it worked this time. The email was very specific and easy to follow, so I'm guessing just about anyone could work their way through it (in other words, if I could do it, anybody could ). And the response was very fast. Good job, Prolific!
Old 04-01-2004, 04:46 PM   #190
cjmaddy
Registered

The indirect references made to April 1st on another thread, prompted me to look up my last years epic!

This resulted in me finding a new way to show the N key effects more clearly, on the caudal peduncle.

That April 1st thread made reference to the [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[F] 'freeze' effect in MA2. - I checked it out and it still works in MA2MD. So if you toggle the N key whilst the fish is frozen in centre screen, you clearly see the 'ripple' effect!

........ And NO! - this is NOT an April fool! - I've said elsewhere that I'd had a day off that this year!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 05:45 AM   #191
MadBob
Guitar Man

Holy crap I never did that one before! (although I did spend a few minutes looking for the fish nipple until I re-read your post!) why is that in there? is there a good technical reason?

I also just found out that CTRL+T re-randomises all the fish.
MadBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 06:24 AM   #192
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

ok folks, we have been thru this one before. Jim made that control specifically for personal reasons. I use it for capturing shots of the fish for web page work. It DOES cause problems, and is not a supported feature. In the long run its best if you leave that one alone.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 06:40 AM   #193
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Well, it still pisses the fish off

On my machine here at work I had to bring up the settings screen and click ok in order for it to kick in (and out). The combo removed the fish and the upper half of the coral (but kept the background fade).

/Tiny Hostility

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 10:23 AM   #194
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yes, it's just there for anyone who needs to capture screen shots of the fish. It brings whatever fish is in slot 1 "front-and-center" in a spot with no background elements in the way. No provision is made for continuing the Aquarium after doing this, as the fish positions would be all messed up. It is assumed that after Print Screen is pressed, the user would shut down the Aquarium and bring up a paint program to work with the image they just captured.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 11:26 AM   #195
cjmaddy
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs
.... No provision is made for continuing the Aquarium after doing this, as the fish positions would be all messed up. It is assumed that after Print Screen is pressed, the user would shut down the Aquarium and bring up a paint program to work with the image they just captured.
That really surprises me. I have seen no ill effects here at all. I just press [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[F] a second time, and the fish all resume their normal movement!
Old 04-02-2004, 11:36 AM   #196
Jim Sachs
Developer

Fish #1, which you grabbed away from whatever it was doing, still has all it's former parameters associated with it. If it was in the rear tank, or passing from one tank to the other, or up against one of the edges (or any number of other scenarois) - it will continue to act in the manner dictated by its previous position and velocity. Often, it will pass through objects expecting a boundary limit that just isn't there. The other fish will also be affected by unexpected collisions.
Jim Sachs
Old 04-02-2004, 11:54 AM   #197
cjmaddy
Registered

Fair enough! - You should know! -

I will now bow gracefully away, and assume I have just been lucky! ......... Thanks Jim!
Old 04-02-2004, 11:57 AM   #198
clifdene
Registered

For what worth! I press Print Screen,the fish hesitate and then continue on as if nothing has happened. I can then paste to Paint or whatever whenever I wish to acess the image.
clifdene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 12:38 PM   #199
Jim Sachs
Developer

Print Screen alone has no effect on the fish. We're talking about [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[F].
Jim Sachs
Old 04-06-2004, 01:45 PM   #200
Mage Joe
Registered

Angry

Just FYI--

I've been away from the forum for a while and just discovered 2.01 today...so immediately downloaded it for a try.

For what it's worth, running on my G450 with two monitors it spans both monitors with fish moving between monitors. :-)Unfortunately it runs (or crawls) at 1.7fps (without bubbles) on this system. :-(

[v1.1wide runs fine on this system but anything after that is a dog...so that's nothing new or specific with v2.1.]

Joe
Mage Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive