Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 10-23-2008, 04:23 PM   #1
cjmaddy
Registered

Black screen lock-up.

I don't know if this is a bug, or my computer's fault, or another problem related to dual-monitor use, but...

If I click on 'Website' in the Settings panel. Then close the SereneScreen.com page. The SereneScreen Aquarium 3 button is still in the Taskbar.
If I then either click on the SereneScreen Aquarium 3 button, or try to restart MA3 from the desktop icon, - I get a black screens lock-up.
This is repeatable almost, (but not every), time! - One of the occasions when I can't usually repeat it, is when another webpage/program is also present in the taskbar. - This is also repeatable when only one screen is in use, ie, after checking 'Display nothing on this monitor', in the MA3 'Multimonitor Settings'. - But of course I still have two monitors in use. (One is just deactivated from showing MA3).

I have found a work-around, to save having to re-boot every time, - but this really shouldn't be happening, .... should it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SSwebsite_crop1.jpg (105.9 KB, 18 views)
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:23 PM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

I'll have to hook up dual monitors again to check that out - I can't duplicate it with my dev system. As soon as I click "Website", MA3 exits and the taskbar icon disappears -- all normal.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:39 PM   #3
cjmaddy
Registered

Thanks. - The work-around to save re-booting that I discovered, is...

After the lock-up, - if I press the Spacebar, the Settings panel will still display on the black screen. I then click on 'Display Settings' - (nothing happens) - but I then click on the 'OK' button. - And after a short pause both screens return to normal.
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows