Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-24-2009, 05:22 PM   #1
SteveMcBill
Registered

Question Marine Aquarium 1.1 on a 64-bit Vista Machine

I have a copy of Marine Aquarium version 1.1 purchased a few years ago. My old XP machine finally died (motherboard) and it has been replaced by a new Vista based machine. It is a 64-bit Quad Core Intel chip running a 64-bit version of Vista.

I have re-installed Aquarium onto this machine and the install goes well. I can start the aquarium manually from the Programs List under the Start Button and it runs fine. BUT, the program does NOT appear in the list of Screensavers in Screensaver Settings and therefore cannot run as a screensaver (automatically).

Does anybody know how, or even if, I can get this to work as a screensaver in 64-bit Vista ??

If not, does the newer version 3 of Marine Aquarium work under 64-bit Vista ?? I hope so as I would really like to get it working on my new 22 inch monitor.

Thanks everyone.

Steve
www.stevemcwilliam.co.uk/guitar/tab.htm

Last edited by SteveMcBill; 03-25-2009 at 04:19 AM.
SteveMcBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Marine Aquarium 1.1 is 9 years old. I don't know if it works on Windows Vista or not.

Marine Aquarium 3 works great on Windows Vista 64-bit and has 8 more fish and a totally redone background which will look great on your 22 inch monitor. Download it and try it out!
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:39 AM   #3
Race
Registered

I had the same issue with version 2.0 running Vista 64, and according to an email I received from Lifeglobe, this is the fix: (you have to select 'create a desktop icon' on the initial installation)

1. Right-click on the Aquarium Desktop shortcut icon. A small menu will
appear.

2. Select "Install" from the menu.

3. Confirm the installation by checking the screen saver list again.

I didn't try this procedure myself, as I ending up upgrading to the new 3.0 version at the upgrade price of $9.95. (I think this new version is going to be awesome when the final release comes) Give it a try though. I'd be curious to see if it works.
Race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:47 AM   #4
cjmaddy
Registered

Originally posted by SteveMcBill:
.... I have re-installed Aquarium onto this machine and the install goes well. I can start the aquarium manually from the Programs List under the Start Button and it runs fine. BUT, the program does NOT appear in the list of Screensavers in Screensaver Settings and therefore cannot run as a screensaver (automatically).

Does anybody know how, or even if, I can get this to work as a screensaver in 64-bit Vista ??  
I have no experience of Vista, but check, (ie. search), to see which folder your other .scr files are stored in and place a copy of MA there. It should then appear in the list of Screensavers, in Screensaver Settings.
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive