Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 11-26-2008, 12:32 AM   #1
simon d
Registered

unable to install MA 3

Could you please help, I am trying to run a copy of Beta version of Marine Aquarium 3, when I use my 2,6 key it keep asking for the CD. I found on the Serenescreen forum.

I have a CD Version 2 disk and I purchased a copy of 2.6 Key(order #1029311), which upgrades me from 2.0 to 2.6

How do I get a copy of the version 3.0 Key or how do I get the program to work correctly, so I try out the software.

I do not want to buy the software again to find it does not work properly again

I e-mail Prolific Publishing, but I was suggested that my Beta questions will need to be addressed to Jim Sachs over on the Serenescreen Fansite forums

Thanks

Simon
simon d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:59 AM   #2
troyb
Registered

check to make sure you have direct x 9.0c ma3 beta needs directx 9.oc
troyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:45 AM   #3
Jim Sachs
Developer

Simon - What do you mean by "unable to install"? If you mean that it will not come up at all, then it could be a DirectX or driver problem. If you mean that you need to type in "Testfish" each time, but the program runs fine after doing that, then it's just a KeyCode problem.

Prolific suppled the Key system, and I don't really understand how it works. I asked Edgar to make it so that the Beta would search for and accept a v2.6 Key, and he did. Keys which are upgrades from earler versions of MA use a different system, and keys which are upgrades from CDs are a whole different ballgame. I could spend days trying to make every possible combination work, or I could use the time finishing the program.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:39 AM   #4
simon d
Registered

Hi Jim,

What do I mean by "unable to install"

I enter my version 2.6 Key and then it ask for my version 2 CD, which I place into the drive and it just sit and waits will not go hunting for the CD.

When I was using version 2.6 I use to get banding and parts of the fish disappears

DirectX installed OK no problems with games.

Video card is ATI 4870X2 with the the drivers 8.11

If I use Testfish it works, I am unable to use my 2.6 key?

Thanks

Simon

Last edited by simon d; 11-30-2008 at 06:19 AM.
simon d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:25 AM   #5
Dale
Banned

Is version 2.6 installed and working correctly on the computer where you are trying to also install the Beta?

If Version 2.6 is not installed on that computer, then install it and get it running properly, with the key, etc. Then try the Beta 3.

That may not be your problem, so if it isn't, please excuse the question.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows