Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 01-30-2009, 11:26 AM   #341
rctneil
Registered

Thats sounds a great idea. So for us who wish to keep up to date with the incremental updates, should we not use the installer version just yet then?
rctneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:48 AM   #342
Jim Sachs
Developer

Go ahead and use the installer version. I'll start naming the BetaBeta versions a little differently, so they don't overwrite the official version.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:26 PM   #343
Jim Sachs
Developer

For anyone interested, here's a version with an analog clock experiment. Press C to display the clock.

http://www.fish-byte.com/MA3Beta.zip

Note - these "BetaBeta" versions are still named "MA3Beta" so as not to be confused with the official version on SereneScreen.com (which is named MarineAquarium3). The internal name has also been changed so it won't conflict with the official version when viewed on the list of screensavers in Display Properties.
Jim Sachs
Old 01-30-2009, 02:35 PM   #344
cohiba420
Registered

Embarassed

Hi Jim. Just downloaded and installed the clockbeta but it looks like its the exact same file as 8k (same 'modified date of 1-25 at 12:05am') and when I push "C" nothing happens. I verified the file in the zip and its the exact same time and size as beta8k. Am I doing something wrong? :-P
cohiba420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:53 PM   #345
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yes, I messed up the upload. Try it again:

http://www.fish-byte.com/MA3Beta.zip
Jim Sachs
Old 01-30-2009, 02:58 PM   #346
cjmaddy
Registered

Bingo! .... 'C' gives the clock, 'L' reverts back to default, 'L' again then gives AltLogo.

Edit: - To my eye, the clock looks a little displaced to the right, except when viewed at the farthest left position in single monitor mode. - And I think that whitish hands and numerals might look better than black, - but that's just my judgment!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:59 PM   #347
Yodelking
yodeler

1 Highscore

The clock looks really nice! I like the seconds not "bumping" once every second, but going smooth instead.
Yodelking - För god att kolsyra!
Yodelking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:59 PM   #348
henemly
asdf

Tried C, and clock with black stuff and light waves, L, L, C again. works good. Will the clock be black?

ps- 'sweep' second hand is very nice touch.
http://www.coltrain.byethost8.com
henemly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:11 PM   #349
cohiba420
Registered

works great!
cohiba420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:25 PM   #350
Rick Simon
Registered

3 Highscores

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
For anyone interested, here's a version with an analog clock experiment. Press C to display the clock.  
Unfortunately, on the same monitor that doesn't show any movement for the gorgonia, there is no movement of the clock. Shows up as midnight with no second hand sweeping at all. Works OK on the other monitors, though I'd prefer light colored hands/markings rather than the black ones.
Rick Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:46 PM   #351
cjmaddy
Registered

Are C and L required in the Keyboard Shortcuts? - or will the final release be different?
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:30 PM   #352
rctneil
Registered

Being able to change the colour of the clock markings would be a great addition
rctneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:41 PM   #353
loub516
Registered

Looks good here. Vista 32 bit.
LB
loub516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:59 PM   #354
Xylem
Registered

Works great in Vista 64. Very nice with the clock. I agree with others that white or pastel markings might be nice. Also, instead of using both C and L, would not a toggle, or cycle, key work? Like L for logo, or Q for quartz, or something like that (being memory impaired as I am)
Xylem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:25 PM   #355
Jim Sachs
Developer

I plan to have a variety of clock faces and styles available, both analog and digital. This is just a test to see if I could actually get the thing to show up on the crystal, hook into the system time and convert that info into rotational values (radians) to move the hands. Now that all that stuff is working, I can concentrate on more clock styles, a calendar, and an interface to run it all.

I'm open to suggestions regarding keyboard commands. For the moment, it seemed pretty logical to have the L key flip through the logos and the C key flip through the various clockfaces (there's currently only one).
Jim Sachs
Old 01-30-2009, 06:52 PM   #356
Xylem
Registered

LOL. Should have known you'd have thought this all through. Given your plans looks like multiple keys is the way to go.

But I do like the clock idea; for one thing when the SS kicks in you can no longer see the clock on the desktop, so it's nice for those occasions when one is concerned about the time.

'Course I'm always asking my wife what day it is (isn't retirement great?) so maybe the actual time is inconsequential
Xylem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:59 PM   #357
Jim Sachs
Developer

Rick - thanks for the info. Maybe there's a zone on your desk where Time Stands Still...
Jim Sachs
Old 01-30-2009, 10:02 PM   #358
Rick Simon
Registered

3 Highscores

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Rick - thanks for the info. Maybe there's a zone on your desk where Time Stands Still...  

Doesn't much matter anyway as far as I'm concerned. The leftmost monitor does triple duty in my current setup. I use KVM switches to have it switchable between being the 3rd monitor on my main XP work system, the primary monitor on a Vista file server or the primary monitor on a set of spare plugs that I can plug a customers CPU into for troubleshooting/maintenance.

About the only time I use it as a 3rd monitor is when I'm developing web sites. Comes in handy having all that screen real estate available. Anyway, I'll probably just configure MA3 to not use that monitor. With it turned off (as far as MA3 is concerned) everything on the rightmost monitor works properly.
Rick Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:16 PM   #359
Jim Sachs
Developer

Rick - how exactly are you switching between monitors? If you're doing it on the fly, maybe the system is not updating which is the Primary, etc. The Aquarium does all the calculations for the background movement on the Primary render unit only, then copies the data to all the others. If for some reason there were more than one marked Primary, I can see how one or more might never recieve the data.
Jim Sachs
Old 01-30-2009, 10:25 PM   #360
JamesGreystone
Registered

Looks good, seems to shimmer a bit more than I remember than the 2.6 version but smack centre on the crystal. Nice first go around.
JamesGreystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows