Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 10-17-2008, 09:24 PM   #1
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Program too tenacious.. ??

In an effort to test serial numbers.. I tried to delete the registry entries for SereneScreen. First.. just 2.6, my thoughts were that 3 would ask for a new registration number.. not so. And...Regedit shows a new copy of MarineAquarium2 +Time. That is a LOT smaller (like 3 entries) one of which is versionstr SA13.3.0.385.
So.. I deleted all of SereneScreen entries (HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/SERENESCREEN and rebooted. SS3 starts up just fine.. no registration requirements.
Surprisingly.. it (SS3) does remembers my music selection but forgets to start in a window and forgets I have do not exit on mouse move checked.
And... if I run SS2.6 it starts as well.. rebuilds its registry entries and changes the versionstr to Q224.2.6.475.

Offhand I think in your quest to make SS3 find key codes has some unwanted consequences...

What I have not tried is using the uninstall process on 2.6..
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:00 PM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

You've got to delete the entries under HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. The program uses the second location to rebuild the first in case something happens to it.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows