Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 10-10-2008, 11:35 PM   #1
Rosalene Bradbury
Registered

Bug - Microsoft Word 98 won't load properly when Beta in Windows mode

Hi,
LOVE the programme, but:

Bug 1, I am having difficulty loading Word 98 in the programme's 'Windows mode'. (Microsoft Outlook is fine by the way.) Do not have the same problem with the Goldfish or SS 2.6.

I have a two year old laptop ASUS, 420 @1.6 GHz. 384 MB of Ram (if that means anything to you)

LOVE the music too, and that one can potentially use other music also.

Bug 2 is that my computer groans - the fan comes on pretty quickly so obviously it takes a lot of grunt to run this. I don't have the same problem with the Goldfish or SS 2.6.

Bug 3 - I can add tunes to my playlist but then they don't play - the 'Canon' just keeps on going. (Lovely as it is!!!)

Bug 4 - Downloaded the software and it worked immediately, it told me I was registered, I certainly didn't have to insert a keycode. Doesn't worry me but it might you who have produced this brilliant programme.

But if the above can be sorted I will DEFINITELY be a customer.

Cheers Rosalene in New Zealand

Last edited by Rosalene Bradbury; 10-11-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Rosalene Bradbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:19 AM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

If you sent Customer Service an email regarding the MS Word problem, they probably won't know what to do about it. They haven't had any more experience with the Beta than you guys have

If it's just slow to load, maybe MA3 is getting too many clock cycles. You can slow the program down (which will give more clock cycles to competing programs, and let the video card run cooler) by using the UP-ARROW to increase the Sleep() time within the program. The Sleep() readout is in the Statistics text in the upper left corner of the screen.
If it won't load at all, maybe it can't get enough RAM or video memory
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:18 AM   #3
Rosalene Bradbury
Registered

Thanks

Thanks Jim,
Brilliant programme really - and great to get such a rapid reply. Note that I have expanded my original letter a little.

Very best wishes,
Rosalene
Old 10-11-2008, 01:27 AM   #4
Jim Sachs
Developer

Regarding the music not playing - I can't duplicate that here. What type of music files are you trying to load?
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:35 AM   #5
F34R
Registered

just tested it with ms word 2007, didn't have any problems with either app. I'll try and find a computer with word 98 on it to test as well.
F34R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:17 PM   #6
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Bug 2 isn't really a bug – this is a much more complex scene for the video card to draw than Goldfish or MA2.6 so it will require more juice to run (and this will actually increase some more when Jim adds movement to the background objects).
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:55 PM   #7
Rosalene Bradbury
Registered

Thanks to you all,
I was trying to play .WAV files transferred from my Media Player Library. Suspect my main problem is that this programme needs more grunt than I have at present. I note a comment to someone else that Microsoft are no longer supporting the older editions of Office. Will have to try a later programme - sometime.

Thanks
Rosalene
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows