Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows
Notices

Old 07-02-2016, 08:20 PM   #41
Jim Sachs
Developer

Will do.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:30 PM   #42
Jeremy
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Will do.  
Thanks!
Jeremy
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:33 PM   #43
Jim Sachs
Developer

Eric says he'll fix it with the next update. He's got his hands full lately with his new job in Disney's Imagineering Department.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 06:47 AM   #44
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

The Goldfish SS is still getting updates.. really?

Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889 – 1951)
The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:03 AM   #45
cjmaddy
Registered

Well, - He did say "Imagineering Department" ...
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:16 AM   #46
Merlot

It should be getting updates! It's really cool.
Merlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 01:27 AM   #47
Jeremy
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Eric says he'll fix it with the next update. He's got his hands full lately with his new job in Disney's Imagineering Department.  
Thanks Jim. I look very much forward to the Eric's updates and running his goldfish aquarium in windows 10. His day job has to come first but I do hope it won't take too long.

When you speak with him please thank him for us.
Jeremy
Old 07-12-2016, 08:36 AM   #48
Polson

Does Eric have the same for Mac?
Polson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:45 AM   #49
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Sounds like there is some false hope being spread here re the Gold Fish Screen saver. You all have a better chance at winning the lottery than getting an update on any of the Prolific screen savers. And, sadly, the same probably applies to the SS screen saver as well. Time moves on and the screensaver market is just not what it was.

The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:59 AM   #50
cjmaddy
Registered

Originally posted by Ralph:
Sounds like there is some false hope being spread here re the Gold Fish Screen saver. You all have a better chance at winning the lottery than getting an update on any of the Prolific screen savers. And, sadly, the same probably applies to the SS screen saver as well. Time moves on and the screensaver market is just not what it was.  
Sadly I have to agree!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 09:54 AM   #51
kaseki
Registered

Using google search with the "site: feldoncentral.com" parameter will apply the full power of the googleplex to your search. I believe DuckDuckGo also has this capability without tracking you.

kas
kaseki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 03:25 PM   #52
Jeremy
Registered

Because modern screens don't need screensavers, I also think it's true that the screensaver market is not what it used to be. However, ninety nine percent of screensavers on the web are also not worth having, even as a gift. To me, the Serene Screen aquarium and the Goldfish aquarium are a lot more than screensavers and are very desirable to run and enjoy as what they are, aquariums.
As for upgrades, the Goldfish aquarium has needed no upgrades. As it is it has too many features. However, with the release of Windows 10, it doesn't display properly on it and it does need an update that I hope is coming soon.
Jeremy
Old 09-07-2017, 01:39 AM   #53
Jeremy
Registered

It's almost a year after Eric promised an update to the Goldfish Aquarium, but it hasn't come. Was it an empty promise or does he intend to update it?
Jeremy
Old 09-07-2017, 07:19 AM   #54
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Since your join date 2002.. there have been many promises.. Prolific does not have a good track record for keeping any of them.

Old 09-07-2017, 12:13 PM   #55
Wizwad
Only me...

To be fair, Eric probably did originally mean to do an update, but either his family life got in the way or it was pointed out to him that it wasn't worth the time and effort it would take him.
Whatever happened, I think we can safely say this one is D E D dead. And Sharks. And Flags.
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:33 PM   #56
Jeremy
Registered

For me, Goldfish Aquarium displays as letterbox only, with a black screen section on the bottom and top of it. Have you guys been able to configure it to fill the entire screen in Windows 10?
Jeremy
Old 09-08-2017, 07:35 AM   #57
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Originally posted by Wizwad:
To be fair, Eric probably did originally mean to do an update, but either his family life got in the way or it was pointed out to him that it wasn't worth the time and effort it would take him.
Whatever happened, I think we can safely say this one is D E D dead. And Sharks. And Flags.  
There have been many well meaning promises in the development of screen savers.. Sadly, time.. family.. changing consumer demand / expectations.. programming complexities have all contributed to the end of screen savers upgrades.

Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows