Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 10-19-2008, 06:29 AM   #1
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
Smile Putting up MA3 on 42" ASUS LCD TV with 1920x1080x32 res. (Empty Fish Set name bug?)

Dear All:
It's being a long time not login in here, and it's that beta test email brought me back again!
I've recently bought a 42" LCD TV with 250GB HDD embedded for recording purpose from my own company, and instantly I put up the MA3 on it and test various test cases.

Some of the bug I met has been mentioned by others, crashes, MA3~1.scr process doesn't quit, CPU too hot etc. So I guess it's my responsibility to report these problem to add up the current occurrences number to the bug database.

However, I'm not sure the empty name of Fish Set is allowable, If I were the programmer, I rather pop up a dialog to warning that there's no name entered so the Fish set cannot be saved unless the name is inputted, in addition, the blank fish set cannot be deleted when it first created, unless you press OK to exit the Fish Setting and re-enter again to delete it.

Anyway, here I also like to show you the photo of this create aquarium, it virtually transform my LCD TV as a tank in my living room, if I can embedded the LCD into the wall, I bet the illusion would go beyond.
It's the Beta build#1 I've tested, having got chance to try Beta 2 on it again because I don't live with the LCD TV together (I work and live closer to ASUS head quarter in Taipei where my real home in is Tainan, south of Taiwan)

The aquarium is so real that even my Candy the Beagle dog stare at the screen curiously, too bad I didn't get the picture. The fish become so real with big screen, from the photo, if I take a close up loop without TV border, you'll think you are look into a real tank with depth feeling and real fish texture!!

Here's the preview of the LCD TV with MA3, and if you got enough bandwith, you are welcome to download all of them here and also the video clip, you would hear some background chatters and the dog barking in the clip, sorry for that. And the Canon music might sometimes sounds horrible when I close up the view to the LCD TV because the ASUS TruSurround speaker is right below the screen panel.
My testing platform is my ASUS W6A laptop, an old model, and the video feed is actually nView output of VGA. I hope I can try HDMI or DIV next time with new laptop of my brother.
Comments and questions are welcome!

Download Photos and Videos from the attached Word file! (Warning, Big file)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC08400.JPG (156.6 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg DSC08508.JPG (176.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg DSC08438.JPG (184.6 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg DSC08448.JPG (190.5 KB, 25 views)
Attached Files
File Type: doc Download Links.doc (24.0 KB, 15 views)
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:38 AM   #2
Bigmouse
Registered

MA3 on 61" TV set
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MA3 on 61in TV.jpg (904.8 KB, 43 views)
Bigmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:39 AM   #3
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Hey James! Looks cool! Great to hear from you again!
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:46 AM   #4
Surferminn
Senior Puddle Jumper

74 Highscores

Nice, Bigmouse. You look like a very happy owner, heck, I would be too.

Hey James, long time no see. Good to hear from you. I see in the 2nd pic a barrel effect on the menu listed where the menu seems to curve a bit. Is that from your tv or your camera? Btw, what camera did you use to record these pics and video? Nice video.

Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes.

Surferminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:48 AM   #5
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

James,

Nice to see you back again. Hope things are going well for you.

PS. His videos look like yours Doc.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 01:21 PM   #6
Jim Sachs
Developer

James - the Blank Fish Set Name bug is a good one. I just fixed it so that a blank name or a space will not cause a new FishSet to be created.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:15 PM   #7
cjmaddy
Registered

Hi, James... Long time no hear! ... Hope things are well with you.
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:13 AM   #8
James

Originally posted by Bigmouse:
MA3 on 61" TV set  
61" TV, COOL!, What's the resolution on that one?

Originally posted by patscarr:
Hey James! Looks cool! Great to hear from you again!  
Hi Pat, nice to know you are still here, so it looks like you are back where you were and not in Korea anymore?

Originally posted by Surferminn:
Nice, Bigmouse. You look like a very happy owner, heck, I would be too.

Hey James, long time no see. Good to hear from you. I see in the 2nd pic a barrel effect on the menu listed where the menu seems to curve a bit. Is that from your tv or your camera? Btw, what camera did you use to record these pics and video? Nice video.  
Hello Minn, it's my camera not the TV, I stand too close to the screen, so the barrel effect was exaggerated. My camera is the old model Sony T-50 with 3" touch panel on its back.

The video isn't that great as my parents chatter at the background and the speaker is just right below the screen, it's better to watch it with mute on.

But no matter what, with just bubble sound on and the dim light on the living room, it's looks realy like a real fish tank.

Originally posted by Jav400:
James,

Nice to see you back again. Hope things are going well for you.

PS. His videos look like yours Doc.  
Hi Michael, thanks for the welcome again! I'm fine and still working in ASUS, but went to several interview in Microsoft Taiwan but fail to pass all the tedious interviews, but I'll keep trying. I don't like ASUS anymore to be honest, our PDA phone didn't earn much profit as promised, I rather change to EeePC department, but my manager doen't allow. Anyway... what's Doc's video? why similar? which thread should I look for?

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
James - the Blank Fish Set Name bug is a good one. I just fixed it so that a blank name or a space will not cause a new FishSet to be created.  
Thanks Jim, I though this might be a very obvious bug since it's a GUI bug, as my current job in ASUS, I act as a bug tracker and create test cases for our product and I always look for GUI bug in the first place. Because normally the more simpler function the easier to be omitted and overlooked for GUI error handle bug

Glade you fix it.

I'll keep you posted if any bug show up.

Originally posted by cjmaddy:
Hi, James... Long time no hear! ... Hope things are well with you.  
Dear Cliff, my respectable friend, things are fine with me, just same old job in ASUS as I replied to Michael above. It's been 3.5 years in ASUS and I think it's time to move on to a better work place. I still wish to work outside Taiwan and one day I can live and work in my dearest New Zealand again.

PS:Remeber Eva? the girl I was after for many years, she's married now! I'm glade she found her Mr. Right, I'm perfectly fine and we are still friend. Maybe I can share her pretty wedding photos in the Coffee House forum and talk about other SSF friends to catch up each other.
James C Chen
HTC Corporation
www.htc.com
Old 10-20-2008, 10:18 AM   #9
James

Morgan, exactly how to modify the thread Prefix from [Bug: Unconfirmed] to [Bug: Confirmed Beta 2] ? Or it doesn't really matter?

In my work, we have a system to track bugs and every state of bug has its unique tag which work as those prefix, it's always a good habit to record bug with its state.
James C Chen
HTC Corporation
www.htc.com
Old 10-20-2008, 10:27 AM   #10
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Yes, we're not using the Project Tools add-on from vBulletin. That would give us a full bug tracking system. I didn't feel it necessary since I can just flag threads here. And there isn't a development team. It's Jim.

Btw, that's a cool signature, but a 800kb file is just too much to ask from folks who are browsing on dialup. Gonna have to ask you to change it.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows