Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 02-07-2009, 11:04 PM   #1
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Mouse over clock Slows SS

I just noticed... and it does not happen consistently on my system... But with SS open as a window and SS clock turned on..moving the mouse over the clock in the task bar will bring SS to a crawl. Sometimes.

I can not reliably duplicate this but when it happens the frame rate drops instantly to ~4.. moving the mouse out of the range immediately returns the rate to what it was. Keeping the mouse over the clock and in some brief time (20 seconds?) the frame rate increases to normal again..

Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:51 PM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

No ideas.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:45 PM   #3
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

It seems that I have the same problem when my mouse hovers over the "start" button.. the SS will slow from a frame rate of ~35 sleep 30 to ~6. Then will resume the frame rate in a few seconds.
Another "oddity"... my left mouse button will pause the fish as long as I hold it down.. this normal?.. I just noticed it a few days ago.. and while playing. my F5 key will pause the fish on a single push... but holding it down will make the fish swim at half (?) speed. My F6 key seems to work the opposite... holding it will make the fish swim at double (?) speed.. This "seems" different behavior than what it used to be.. The clock does not seem to be effected and will pause but other wise keeps the correct time.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:10 PM   #4
Jim Sachs
Developer

I still have no ideas on the Start button slowdown. Can't duplicate it here.

On the left mouse button issue - I assume you are in Windowed mode, so the left mouse button will pause the program while you drag the window.

Those Function keys are just there for testing purposes, and will be disabled soon.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-11-2009, 04:15 AM   #5
cjmaddy
Registered

I can't duplicate any slowdowns here, other than with the F5 F6 and left mouse, and I've always considered those as test keys, useful to arrest the action for taking screen grab shots.

Ralph, - are you perhaps using some sort of third-party WindowBlinds type of prog, that might steel clock cycles when the mouse pointer is hovering?
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:27 AM   #6
Jim Sachs
Developer

Just to be clear - the freezing of the animation when the left mouse button is held down (when in Window mode) is not a bug or a test. Holding down the left button took the place of the titlebar when it's turned off, so that the window can be dragged by clicking anywhere within it. The action is frozen to avoid frame-buffer ugliness while the window is being dragged.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-11-2009, 03:18 PM   #7
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Just to be clear - the freezing of the animation when the left mouse button is held down (when in Window mode) is not a bug or a test. Holding down the left button took the place of the titlebar when it's turned off, so that the window can be dragged by clicking anywhere within it. The action is frozen to avoid frame-buffer ugliness while the window is being dragged.  
Good solution. I didn't know that.

[Add to "Help" thread?]
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows