Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 02-22-2002, 08:44 AM   #1
jonjonbear
Registered

Angry funny problem..Probably my computer..

Hello all..
My screensaver does something wierd every once in a while..I have it installed on a machine that is sorta like a server, running a home automation program (Homeseer) and every so often I go in there and the screensaver isn't running (well you can't see it) but when I look, it has actually been minimized, and you can still hear the bubbles..If I click on the minimized icon it pops full screen then goes away.
Any ideas?? Do I have something set up wrong???
Thanks a bunch!!! John
jonjonbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 10:25 AM   #2
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

jonjonbear,

You have something that is running in the background that is overriding the aquarium and causing it to minimize.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 11:13 AM   #3
handimannbob
what's up doc ?

funny problem

hi jav,
i also have a funny prob. when i have an applet running with a game on it every so often an ad comes up. then i turn my saver on.when game comes back it knocks the saver into the ether somewhere. the only way to get it to work again is to do a restart and that means getting back on net. with vL it would just turn saver off,but i could bring it right back. if i disable the exit on mouse in v1 it pushes ss to bottom window open bar on desktop and then i can bring it back easy.
i have a baby hp 6736 700m with an added 256 for 319 ram. and just 5.5 vid memory. ss works great on 10x7 res,28-9fps, on 8x6res,get 42-3fps. mostly watch on 10x7res. if ss in windowed mode with e on m disabled it is not affected at all. jim probably has thousands of hours invested in this masterpiece, but, it sure was worth it.
bob
handimannbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 12:20 PM   #4
Jim Sachs
Developer

For this version, I set every "Do Not Minimize" flag I could find, but some programs still manage to knock out the Aquarium when they come up.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive