Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive
Notices

Old 03-28-2006, 08:21 PM   #1
mara_mini
Registered

No bubble sound- any ideas?

Mac Mini G4, 1.5 GHz, 512MB, 80GB, 10.4.5. Installed, re-intalled both 2.06 (from the troubleshooting link at serenescree.com), deleted all prefs and copies, re-installed 2.6 a,d repeated procedure and 2.06 is currently installed. I know it is not the Mac because if I switch to desktop aquarium 3D (or any other saver with sound.)

Options are "sound on at all times", but also tried when active, switching to no osund and back.
mara_mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:36 PM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Welcome to the forums!

One of the Mac experts will have to weigh in on this. Can you confirm that you have a recent version of QuickTime installed?
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:40 AM   #3
mara_mini
Registered

Originally posted by feldon30:
Welcome to the forums!

One of the Mac experts will have to weigh in on this. Can you confirm that you have a recent version of QuickTime installed?  
Thanks!

Oh, sure. It's a brand new G4 Mac Mini with 10.4.5. Everything is the latest. Plus, 3D desktop aquarium which also has bubble sounds works fine, so I can rule out the machine as the problem. Marine Aquarium is vastly superior, but the lack of sound renders it unusable since I use the white noise as well as the saver for my toddler to sleep with.

Very frustrating.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:35 PM   #4
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Hi Mara_mini,

I'm unsure why you don't have sound. However, I've got a slightly changed version which I may need you to give a try. Please leave me a private message here with contact information so we can figure out what is up. I'll post a summary here if it is a general problem and the results can benefit everyone.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 02:18 PM   #5
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

..and just in case you're wondering how to send a private message on this forum (like I have done), here's how: Click on the blue "JimO'Connor" text right above that beautiful brown stetson of his and choose "send a private message to JimO'Connor" from the drop-down menu.

/Tinier than Mini
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 02:27 PM   #6
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Tiny,

Thanks for filling that in!

Oh, the hat is one of those Aussie leather hats. I like this picture because it hides most of my features. That way I don't get mobbed by fans at the grocery store.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
Old 03-30-2006, 02:44 PM   #7
mara_mini
Registered

Originally posted by JimO'Connor:
Hi Mara_mini,

I'm unsure why you don't have sound. However, I've got a slightly changed version which I may need you to give a try. Please leave me a private message here with contact information so we can figure out what is up. I'll post a summary here if it is a general problem and the results can benefit everyone.  
Okay. I got your message and replied with my email. I appreciate it because I think I stumped tech support. They asked me a bunch of info and what I'd tried on Monday and haven't heard back from them.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:32 PM   #8
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Got your e-mail. Tech support complimented you on the thoroughness of your communications with them.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
Old 04-07-2006, 07:52 AM   #9
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

I sent you a debug build which should help me figure out where the problem is. The results will show up in the console.log file.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive