Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows
Notices

Old 05-07-2003, 04:31 AM   #1
drfish
the Doc

"Remotely" Launching GA

I don't think this would be called a bug, but it can be moved if anyone does...

I ran into this problem a while ago when I was trying to setup task scheduler to start the MA, but now it has resurfaced in the GA as well so I thought I'd bring it up... When you try to launch the GA or MA from task scheduler it only brings up their setting windows. Since I just got an AIW VE for Jennifer's computer and it came with one of those cool Remote Wonders I wanted to setup 2 of the 5 user programable buttons to launch the MA and GA. However, the same problem happens as with task scheduler and only the settings window comes up. Can this be fixed? Is it intentional? Is there something as simple as a command line parameter I just need to add? It'd be really cool to be sitting on the couch and just hit a button on the remote and have fish swimming all over the place...
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 08:49 AM   #2
Pushwall
Fellow Twang

To run the Goldfish Aquarium from the task scheduler, you need to use the 'start' command. Here's what I have in my "RUN" line in the task scheduler for it to run correctly on my Windows 98SE system:

C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\START.EXE C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Goldfish.scr

You might have to change the directories according to what version of Windows you are using. Hope this works for you!
Pushwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 09:34 AM   #3
SonOfFlubber
Registered

Append "/s" to the end of the command

"C:\winnt\system32\marine aquarium 2.scr" /s

Note the quotes. Long filenames need quotes.
SonOfFlubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 09:38 AM   #4
SonOfFlubber
Registered

Additionally, you might want to look at a program called PowerPro (originally called Stiletto way back when). An amazingly configurable program which allows you to create all types of menus and associate actions with keypresses and mouse movements.

http://www.windowspowerpro.com/

Can't beat the price.............Free, as in beer
SonOfFlubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 01:21 PM   #5
Pushwall
Fellow Twang

There always seems to be more than one way to accomplish something in Windows. The "/s" parameter works like a charm.

And, thanks for mentioning the PowerPro utility, SonOfFlubber. I just downloaded it, and it is really cool!
Pushwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 02:18 PM   #6
drfish
the Doc

Great, thanks, I figured it be easier to get an answer here than putting the effort into finding it myself.
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:22 AM   #7
Ingogringo
Doc

Thanks!
Iv'e tried for weeks now to get the task scheduler to start the screensaver MA3 at 8 AM and end it at 5 PM weekdays, but the addition of s doesn't work for me yet, but the program Powerpro for free was better than Automize 8 (179 $) or any other automation-program on the net.
Now it works and the answer was inside this forum, the last five years!
Ingogringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows