Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 10-28-2001, 05:34 PM   #1
pipeta
Royal Gramma

Riva TnT 2 w/ 12.41 is slow in wireframe

Yesterday I installed Win98 on my system (I used to have WinME). Since then my 3D applications started working in very low frame rated.
The fish SS still works on 60fps (just as it used to) but when I changed to wireframe mode the framerate went down to 8-10fps (it used to be 30). Games (i.e. Unreal Tournament) became unplayable because of the low framerate.

My system:
Intel Pentium III 733 mhz
Riva TnT2 32mb
128mb ram

I am using Detonator 3 12.41 drivers (I tried to reinstall them from VGA drivers but it didn't help)

Any suggestions?
pipeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 05:44 PM   #2

Re: Problem...

You said that you installed Windows 98 over Windows Me? In other words, you downgraded your system. This is something you musn't do.

The problem is probably DirectX; a recent version running on an old system isn't just right. I would suggest you to upgrade again to Windows Me, to install an old version of DirectX (such as v6), or to reinstall Windows 98 from scratch.

Just my 2 cents!

Good luck,
Old 10-29-2001, 05:46 AM   #3
pipeta
Royal Gramma

Thanks but I didn't downgrade my system, I formatted my HD and then installed 98 from scrach. I installed DX8 and reinstalled to the latest version of my detonator drivers. Any more suggestions?
Old 10-29-2001, 09:19 AM   #4
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Don't believe nVidia when they tell you that their latest Detonator drivers work well with a TnT Riva or TnT Riva 2.

Please go here for my recommended drivers:

https://www.feldoncentral.com/Sachs/help.html
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 09:54 AM   #5
pipeta
Royal Gramma

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just downloaded the 4in1 drivers from via (my chipset vendor) and all my problems were solved!!!
YA! My computer rocks again! Ya!

hehe
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive