Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive
Notices

Old 03-26-2004, 09:39 AM   #1
Unregistered

Marine Aquarium 2.0 with Multiple Users

I have an eMac that my children use... and it is running OS X. Each of my children have their own desktop... which they can log onto with their UserName and Password. I have installed Marine Aquarium once... and given them access to the screen saver. That didn't work. Then, I installed the screen saver to each of their desktops separately. That didn't work either. For some reason, only one desktop will run the screen saver... the rest never come up. Any solutions? This doesn't seem like this should be that difficult. Thanks. DW
Old 03-26-2004, 08:36 PM   #2
Michael Babin
Mac Development

It is possible to run Mac MA 2.0.6 for multiple user accounts successfully under Mac OS X, provided it is installed and set-up correctly. The "Marine Aquarium 2.0.saver" file should be installed in the "/Library/Screen Savers" directory (note that this is the top level Library directory, not the one in your user folder). Placing the screen saver in this directory gives all users access to it.

For each user, you need to log in, open up System Preferences, select the appropriate item ("Screen Effects" under 10.2, "Desktop & Screen Saver" under 10.3), and select Marine Aquarium 2.0 as the screen saver. After that, it should just work. I just tested it again using multiple user accounts on my development machine running 10.3, and it worked without problem (even when using fast user switching to log on to another account without logging off from my account).

If you follow these steps and are still encountering difficulty, please let us know. We'll help you get to the bottom of the problem.
Michael Babin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 08:59 AM   #3
Unregistered

Angry Thanks!

Thanks for the information. I'll give it a try and get back to you. DW
Old 03-30-2004, 01:45 PM   #4
Unregistered

Embarassed

I followed your directions exactly... and everything worked fine. Now, everyone can enjoy your fantastic product. Thanks again for your assistance. DW
Old 03-30-2004, 05:00 PM   #5
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Another happy customer!
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:02 AM   #6
Michael Babin
Mac Development

Glad to hear that everything is now working correctly for multiple users on your system. Let us know if you encounter any further problems, have any questions, or have any suggestions for improvements.

- Michael
Michael Babin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 05:25 AM   #7
Unregistered

Big Grin

Sorry?! It's taken sometime for me to get back to you. I am still having trouble getting the screensaver to work with multiple users. I followed your installation directions exactly... and the screensaver works when I am testing it. However, it does not work on its own. I don't know what's up?! DW
Old 05-31-2004, 03:48 PM   #8
AKcrab
Registered

So each user can see the screen saver in the preference pane, but the screen saver doesn't start?

It could be that the accounts that are not working have their energy saver settings set so that the monitor is going black before the screen saver comes on?

How about you set up your "Hot Corners" in the Desktop/Screen Saver pref pane, and see if you can manually get the screen saver to run. I have my bottom left corner set to 'Start Screen Saver'.
AKcrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 07:09 PM   #9
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

AKcrab has the right test steps:
1. see if each user can run the screen saver in the System Preferences app without having to enter "testfish"
2. see if each user can run the screen saver using the "TEST" button in the System Preferencces app
3. see if each user can run the screen saver using a hot corner
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 07:26 PM   #10
Unregistered

I'll do some testing tomorrow and get back to you. Thanks. DW
Old 06-11-2004, 04:05 PM   #11
Unregistered

Okay. I'm working through the process... making sure that they can run the screensaver with test and a hot corner. I'm also setting the energy saver to NEVER. So, I'll get back to you in a day or so with the results. Thanks. DW
Old 07-15-2004, 04:45 PM   #12
Unregistered

Embarassed

Everything is working perfectly. Thanks again! DW
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive