Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-05-2003, 12:53 AM   #21
Jim Sachs
Developer

Hi, E-Z -- Welcome to the Forum.

Yes, the fish are 3D, and Morgan is right - I used LightWave to create the fish models. Then they are loaded into UView to apply the textures, and saved in OBJ format. Next, I run them through another program I wrote to convert them to .X text files. I then do a lot of manual editing of the text files, and finally convert them to compressed binary .x format.

Of course, the first dozen times the fish isn't going to look right, so all this has to be repeated over and over. Even with all this trouble, I consider making the fish the "fun part".
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 04:13 AM   #22
Yellow Tang
YT

Tournaments Won: 1

Tiny, the hens over here make the same sounds as yours, "bok bok" is absolutely right!

No ga ga hens here. :-)
Yellow Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 04:26 AM   #23
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Between Morgan ranting, James the ever pitchman for AquaReal, and FearTecs technical questions, is was, all in all, a great chat.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 06:20 AM   #24
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

That was about the way the chats usually go.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 07:22 AM   #25
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

YT,
I got the "German hens go gak, gak" part from a (U.S.) webpage – Swedish hens go "kaa-kaa" or "kluck kluck"

PatShark (pet shark?),
I like your summary – including the latst part.

/Tiny Shark
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 07:35 AM   #26
E-Z
Registered

pretty live looking fish for 3D.
thanks for the reply and nice work
E-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 09:43 AM   #27
IXNAY
Green Frog

Ahhh ok *laugh*
damn I'm late with replying
IXNAY

*dreaming of the serene terrarium*

- My Private Homepage -
IXNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 07:33 AM   #28
IXNAY
Green Frog

Well it seems that I'll have no time to join the chat, some friends will visit me and we're planing to check the nightlife of my city
Have fun at the chat, it shhould be really interesting this time. So Morgan please make a quick chatlog
IXNAY

- My Private Homepage -
Old 03-15-2003, 06:44 AM   #29
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

I'm bailing out too – There's a slim possibility I can make it but it's not likely.

/Tiny Dropout
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 03-15-2003, 11:07 AM   #30
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Geez. We schedule a Euro-friendly time and you guys bail on us. *sniff*
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 06:31 AM   #31
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Sorry. Big kudos for the timing – but this thing superceeded pretty much everything else...

/Calle

Old 03-16-2003, 11:46 AM   #32
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Was she cute?
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 04:09 AM   #33
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

I realized I'd get one or two of those jokes after reading my post, but unfortuately this was all bad news

/Tiny Problem

Old 03-18-2003, 08:35 AM   #34
Derrek
Registered

I'd like to take this time to apologize for my behavior in the last chat with Jim on March 15th. It has come to my attention that I was hogging the question time and not giving the other members a chance to ask questions. It has also come to my attention that some of my questions could have been answered by reading the transcripts of the previous chat with Jim that was back in Feb. So to Jim I'm deeply sorry for asking needless questions and to the others, I'm sorry for "hogging" the chat time with Jim.
Derrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 08:58 AM   #35
Wizwad
Only me...

Don't worry about it Derrek - they argued about DirectX a lot!

I'm just hoping my own behaviour was acceptable - I'd just got back from sampling a range of very tasty real ales!
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 09:57 AM   #36
Jim Sachs
Developer

Derrek -

No problem at all. Your questions were thoughtful and intelligent. The chat was not overwhelming, and I was actually able to take a short tea break in the middle
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 01:44 AM   #37
IXNAY
Green Frog

Hey Morgan, what about the transcript?
IXNAY

- My Private Homepage -
Old 03-28-2003, 06:26 AM   #38
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Sorry, hopefully soon. Morgan and I have been busy with adding the new fish to the printable guide and the main fish guide page. I know it sounds easy, but there were alot of changes to get it to this point. ( Morgan and I are both picky about quality. ) The chat transcript hasn't been forgotten, its on our list of things to do.
Old 03-28-2003, 07:50 AM   #39
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

How difficult can a chat transcript be? Isn't a copy and paste kind of thing?
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 10:58 AM   #40
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Nope, not even close. On free chats instead of moderated chats you get everyone posting and asking questions so fast that usually Jim has a difficult time following, and the chat logs look like a jumbled mess. Usually we go through and reorder the lines to get some form of coherent dialogue. Not to mention trying to fix spelling and so on......
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive