Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Future: Freshwater Aquarium
Notices

Old 01-09-2004, 06:52 PM   #1
Quick Death
Registered

Cool What's in store for 2004?

I wonder if the Freshwater aquarium will be released the first 1/4 - 1/2 of 2004?
Quick Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 01:11 AM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

Me, too.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 03:34 AM   #3
jcap511
Registered

is there any news on the Fresh Water Aquarium? I mean, progress is slowly being made, right? It will be released sometime in the near future, right?
jcap511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 10:38 AM   #4
Jim Sachs
Developer

It's on hold for a few days while I'm re-doing Prolifc's 5 fish in the Marine Aquarium.
Jim Sachs
Old 01-10-2004, 10:41 AM   #5
Quick Death
Registered

awe nuts, this is gonna be a long 'few days'
Old 01-10-2004, 12:05 PM   #6
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yeah, but a free update for MA users.
Jim Sachs
Old 01-12-2004, 11:10 AM   #7
IXNAY
Green Frog

Thats nice, but I think the Prolific fish are well done and the freshwateraquarium is wanted more.
Are there some news concerning the freshwateraquarium?
IXNAY

*dreaming of the serene terrarium*

- My Private Homepage -
IXNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 04:03 PM   #8
raven
Perculiar Clownfish

Well I would like to see the freshwater aquarium but I am quite happy Jim will redo these fish. I never use any of the fish created by Ken Dougherty, not because they are not beautifull but because they look (IMO) very computer-generated compared to Jim's (which look foto-realistic to me).
Remi
raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 12:29 AM   #9
Panthera
Hygenius

Originally posted by raven
Well I would like to see the freshwater aquarium but I am quite happy Jim will redo these fish. I never use any of the fish created by Ken Dougherty, not because they are not beautifull but because they look (IMO) very computer-generated compared to Jim's (which look foto-realistic to me).
Which 5 fish are they?
Panthera Tigris Altaica
The largest living cat in the world, the Siberian Tiger possesses both
grace and beauty. Although it spends a lot of time hunting,
its reputation as a vicious killer is undeserved ....
Panthera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 02:45 AM   #10
feldon34
Forum Administrator

https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...&threadid=1392
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 03:13 PM   #11
Panthera
Hygenius

That's odd, I completely missed that entire thread. It was right around the time I registered here so that could've been why. Three of those fish are what I use for my screensaver.
Panthera Tigris Altaica
The largest living cat in the world, the Siberian Tiger possesses both
grace and beauty. Although it spends a lot of time hunting,
its reputation as a vicious killer is undeserved ....
Panthera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 04:54 AM   #12
PaulsPics
Registered

Embarassed Answer to 5 fish add-on for time

Hi Morgan ,
I just posted to the other forum thread and questioned if the 5 fish would be added to MAT, now to find an answer by Jim in this forum on the Freshwater Tank. Look forward to the event . Thanks .
Think I also forgot to say Hi to you Morgon and overlooked my head banging friend from Lancashire - Hi Cliff , expect you would like some of our 40deg C summer down here. At least on can sit near the airconditioner and watch the 'cool' water on the screen .
regards
Paul Sydney
Paul
PaulsPics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 06:36 AM   #13
cjmaddy
Registered

Welcome back Paul! - long time no read!

Yes, I'm still banging my head! - even more so in fact!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 06:48 AM   #14
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Hi Paul!
Could you put some of that summer in an envelope and send it my way? We just got yet another case of snowstorm...

Cliff tried banging heads with a horse a while back (nope, he didn't win that one )

/Tiny Utzon
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 11:22 PM   #15
PaulsPics
Registered

Angry Dropping by to say Hi

Hi Tiny , overlooked your name , and you were the first to welcome me last year. Bet its bitter weather over there.
I have isolated my main computer off the telephone line and internet, too many valuable memories of my family roots and images back to the1880s, too many aircraft re-configured for optimum in Flight sim 2002 and a bit in FS2004, and of course my 2 favorite Serene screens and upgrades. Result is that I am using this Old Pentium 100 for all internet contact so is pleny slow. On top of that I have taken on some casual temp work at the Sydney observatory doing conducted tours at night, discuss Astronomy with visitors in a 3D theartre and then look at the night sky with telescopes, one of which is the historic 130 year old brass refractor, so my minimum time on the net is applied to more study and following latest news from Planet Mars. Thus my abscence for a while. I thought I would check back to say HI ! and ulterior motive was to see if Jim had come up with any of the other denizons for the Marine tanks, like "the Banded Shrimp " , for which I understood we would have to pay but hopefully at a nominal amount as an add-on. I am glad to see that we shortly may be able to get the 5 fish to add to the MAT .
Incidently since I am running the two machines concurrently with monitors only inches apart I loaded up the earlier version SS into the Pentiom 100. Did not expect it to function at all but I report that the scenery & fish images displays Ok but the fish hardly move but when you have the Pent 1 Ghz operating MAT next to it you do not notice the small jerky movements esp with the smaller fish selected as it is added "tank" on the one side and displays that nice original large Coral as well. Anyway I am happy as it gives me a two and half foot tank all up, and the clock time in the centre. I hope I have not breached the agreement in running on the two machines ? as I consideredthem to be seperate programs !
If ever you visit Sydney come and see some stars of theSouthern Hemisphere, give me a note so I meet up . best regards Paul
Paul
Old 02-24-2004, 11:39 PM   #16
PaulsPics
Registered

Smile Copy to Cliff Addy , Hi Mate

Hello Cliff ,
I have just given all my news on previous post to Tiny so will not over load the forum with a repeat of it.
If ever you visit warmer climes downunder give us a bell and come on up and look into outer space, let me know if you do so we could meet up, before you make tracks northwards to see the GBR to see these wonderful fish in person. I was up on the reef in 1989 and one day I counted over 200 fish all around me in the water and following me as I had my camera and flash in a plastic bag, the fish thought I had food for them and when I snokelled off the whole lot followed me , like Pans Piper. Unforgettable. Those little Humbugs, the black and white "Three stipe Damselfish, have quite a nip if frustrated.
I am hoping that we will get Jim to produce some banded shrimp or hermit crabs to wander around the tanks, at a price of course best regards
Paul
Paul
Old 02-25-2004, 12:00 AM   #17
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Paul, there is a new version in progress that will be fully supportive of dual monitors.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 06:04 PM   #18
kingkoz
Registered

Re: What's in store for 2004?

Originally posted by Quick Death
I wonder if the Freshwater aquarium will be released the first 1/4 - 1/2 of 2004?
I too am looking for information on WHEN we can expect a Freshwater Aquarium screensaver. Seems like all I have read/heard is the ole standard "it will be coming soon". Unfortunately, I have been reading this for the past 2 years (at minimum) I realize you want this to be good, but, I think in 2 years time, a FWA and a couple updates for it could have been out. I know Jim doesn't like to be tied to a date, but how about giving us SOMETHING and sticking with it? Or if need be, a "sorry, we have other priorities and the FWA won't be done at all"? something more than "soon"
kingkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 06:50 PM   #19
Jim Sachs
Developer

When did anyone ever say "soon"?
Jim Sachs
Old 03-10-2004, 08:56 PM   #20
Quick Death
Registered

will the crystal clock be in the freshwater aquarium?
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Future: Freshwater Aquarium