Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 10-11-2008, 05:44 AM   #1
MadBob
Guitar Man

MA3 Beta 1 working fine - suggestions

Hi

I have Beta 1 working very impressively on a Toshiba Satellite L130-133 (Notebook XP Pro) and an Advent 4211-B (Mini Notebook XP Home) both running smoothly.

Some suggestions:

Have the ability to set the speed of the Pan-Scrolling e.g. have it move at an almost un-noticeable rate, then it still has a proper screensaver effect with the background seeming to be static, but when you look at it after several minutes it has moved across the screen.

Have the lighting on the whole screen changeable not just the backdrop.

Have the register panel show the name (not your keycode as an earlier version once did ) who it is registered to.

Set "A" to bring info About the fish onscreen as an overlay, maybe with the fish selectable by magnified window.

Last edited by MadBob; 10-14-2008 at 05:18 AM. Reason: misread beta release number :)
MadBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:09 AM   #2
MikeL
Registered

Great job Jim,

I installed it and it appears as an icon on my desktop, it is not in my screensavers like 2.6. When I click the icon it starts and when I move the mouse it disappears. Is there a way to adjust the number of fish, etc yet? It looks great on my system. It's running about 48fps.

HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop widescreen
Intel Core 2 CPU T5200 @ 1.60 GHz
2 GB Ram
32 Bit
Vista Home Premium
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:04 AM   #3
tom9676
Registered

Drop it into c:\windows and bring it up in screensaver and settings will show up then
tom9676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:07 AM   #4
Jim Sachs
Developer

MadBob - I'll probably add the ability to change the Auto-scroll speed. Most people like to see it scroll FAST, to get the real 3D effect. They always go right for the LEFT/RIGHT ARROW keys. Your other suggestions are good, too.

MikeL - Just hit the space bar to bring up the Settings menu. Turn off "Exit on Mouse Move". To use it as your default screensaver, right-click the icon, and choose "Install".
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:50 PM   #5
henemly
asdf

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
MadBob - I'll probably add the ability to change the Auto-scroll speed. Most people like to see it scroll FAST, to get the real 3D effect.  
Ya, me too - real FAST is better.

And maybe 'p' the scrolling setting and it would retain that setting?

(ie - after restarting it, it would still be in the same area and stay there)
-just like MA 2.6 looks now???) (I know, dumb suggestion)
http://www.coltrain.byethost8.com
henemly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:09 PM   #6
Jim Sachs
Developer

I probably need to leave Auto-scroll as the default. Occasionally, people use this aquarium simulation as a screen-saver, and we need to keep those pixels moving to prevent burn-in.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:26 PM   #7
henemly
asdf

Right Jim, lol good one. I of all should know this as I still use a CRT monitor.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:39 AM   #8
Bob
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
I'll probably add the ability to change the Auto-scroll speed. Most people like to see it scroll FAST, to get the real 3D effect. Move".  
Add my vote for adjustable speed. The faster speed does enhance the 3D effect, but it can produce a little motion sickness after a while for me.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:48 PM   #9
henemly
asdf

After watching it for a while, then looking at text stuff on screen the text starts moving too.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:22 PM   #10
jroseone
Registered

I thought we were still on beta 2?
jroseone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:39 AM   #11
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

We are - MadBob probably just shortened "Marine Aquarium 3 Beta" a bit unfortunately.
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:24 AM   #12
MadBob
Guitar Man

I actually thought it was beta 3 (my bad) feel free to edit the tile.

Beta 2 now running smoothly on my notebooks.

I have no problem with Auto Scroll being left as default, it would be good though to be able to store the speed with each tank you have as well, then when we have it set on the slowest (so you can hardly tell it's moving) or the fastest (fish what fish .... whoosh!) it will start up that way.

Oh and how about the random tanks that can be run on startup having another setting eventually to allow them to come in at any time, so that the tanks change evey 5 minutes or so?
MadBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows