Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 01-07-2002, 05:25 PM   #1
Ascii
Registered

Message Board suggestion

Hi.

Many times I'll check in on this board just to see if there's been an update to the program. Though I do sometimes spend some time just browsing.

It sure would be nice if you could put a small text in the upper corner of these message boards stating which is the most recent version of the aquarium and perhaps an ETA on the next version. (if one is available)

Just an Idea.

Ascii Shallreceive
Ascii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 08:00 PM   #2
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

The latest one right now is .99L. We are waiting for the latest new fish to be released at this time. It is a specialty fish for everyone who registered before 1.0 was released. Hopefully it will be here soon, but as to an exact date, no one really knows. Jim is working on it now, and Prolific is working on getting the new download process to work pain free. As soon as these things get solved, we should see it.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 09:14 PM   #3
Ascii
Registered

I think you missed my point.

I'm suggesting that the info you just gave me be posted on the face of the message board, to help me not having to ask or dig through the messages to find out that info in the future.

I wasn't really asking for the info with this post.

Ascii Shallreceive
Old 01-07-2002, 10:00 PM   #4
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Ah ok, my bad. I looked at the forum page, and we already have 4 sticky topics at the top. I could place something there as an announcement, like we did with the chat with Jim. But, what I don't want to do is end up with so many things permanently at the top that it develops into something that is just as long and tedious and no help to anyone. It might be time to move some of the sticky's to the main pages and create some more room for things like this. A link with info to the latest news and the latest download might not be a bad idea though. Lemme go over the pros and cons and see if there is something that can be done.

Last edited by Jav400; 01-07-2002 at 10:14 PM.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 10:58 PM   #5
feldon34
Forum Administrator

It sure would be nice if you could put a small text in the upper corner of these message boards stating which is the most recent version of the aquarium and perhaps an ETA on the next version. (if one is available)
Ascii, the important information you ask for is ALWAYS available at https://www.feldoncentral.com/Sachs/

Scroll down to "Latest News"

and I list the most recent version of the Aquarium at the bottom of the page.

As a registered member of the forum, you'll get an e-mail as soon as there is an update.

Also, I have about 1,400 people who signed up in June-July to be notified about 1.0. I took this notification signup down when Prolific told me that 1.0 would be out near the end of August.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 01-07-2002 at 11:00 PM.
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 03:41 AM   #6
Ascii
Registered

Thanks for the new link I'll go there when I just want to be impatient, hehe.

And good point about not wanting to clog up the screen too much.

Ascii Shallreceive
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive