Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 03-21-2002, 06:46 PM   #521
Gerty
Somewhat Confused

Cool Wish list

I just visited the eTropicals.com web site and I did not realize just how many beautiful fish there are out there. By the way, thank you Morgan for including that link at the bottom of the fish guide page.

I was wondering if it's too late for me to add a few fish to the wish list. I checked it over and didn't see three fish listed that I'd like to see in the tank. I really wish I were smart enough with the computer to add the pictures to this message, but I'm not, so if you want to know what they look like, you'll have to go to the web site & check it out.

Anyway, the three fish I really liked were:
1. Dogface Puffer
2. Tang Clown
and
3. Multi-Barred Angel

Those were really cool looking fish & if you'd like to check them out (along with some others) go to http://etropicals.com/main/aquarium.htm

Aloha,
Gerty
Gerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 06:42 AM   #522
Yellow Tang
YT

Tournaments Won: 1

Gerty, here are your pictures: (it's easy to link the pics, just right-click on the image -> properties -> cut and paste the url to your post)

Dogface Puffer

Tang Clown

Multi-Barred Angel

Nice fishies, and a great web site.
Yellow Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 05:04 PM   #523
Shinsa
Registered

Heh heh heh... that'd be real cute. Tap on the glass, and the puffer fish puffs up and floats off the top of the screen.
Bob

"When you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Old 03-25-2002, 02:13 PM   #524
CephaloP
lurking in the shadows...

I was poking around the Internet looking for El-fish the other day wishing someone would make a new version of it, when I found this screensaver! It's incredible!

I'm dying for add-ons, especially invertebrates.

One I notice was mentioned a while ago was the Chambered Nautilus. There was some concern whether the juveniles look the same as the adults. Nautilus, like all cephalopods, have "larval" stages in which the young look very different, but this is only when VERY tiny. At the size appropriate for the Aquarium they would be a gorgeous addition.

I'm incredibly anxious to get the octopus. I had one once, and it was the most fascinating thing I ever kept in a tank. I can see how difficult it would be to design though, what with all the range of movements and changing of color and shape an octopus does. I saw a picture of a Blue Ring on the wish list, that would be the perfect size, and are beautiful. My Two Spot octopus was about that big (size of my fist) and the damsels would occasionally nip at the tips of his arms thinking they were food. A couple of times this startled him enough to jet off and release ink. This would be great to see when behaviors are added to the tank. I would have been willing to pay the $20 for a screensaver with JUST an octopus, hope this gets done!

Someone already brought up another suggestion I had, cleaner fish and shrimp working on the fish. A shrimp picking through a yawning moray's teeth would be amazing!

Another invert I wanted to add is the Mantis shrimp. I don't have any pics, but they're extremely colorful and attractive. They also have powerful front legs folded like a praying mantis, which can shoot out and crack a clam shell, or amputate a diver's finger! It would be nice to see them make the occasional lunge at a fish in the Aquarium, even if they can't hurt it.

A final suggestion would maybe be better for a whole new program: deep sea fish! With a lot of bizarre fish like viperfish, anglerfish, and gulper eels. Many deep-sea fish and squid have glowing light organs on their bodies, and seeing these swimming through a dark murky environment would be really impressive, I'm suprised no one's talked about it yet.

I'll keep an eye out for more ideas (not that you don't already have more suggestions than you need.

Thanks Jim for a great program!
CephaloP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 05:09 PM   #525
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

About those Mantis shrimp: I heard somewhere that they could break the glass of an aquarium with those front legs, can anybody verify or deny such a thing?

/Tiny Puncher
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 12:25 PM   #526
drfish
the Doc

yes they can.
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 01:11 PM   #527
zeroIQ
Registered

Now sure if anyone has mentioned it... how about a thumbnail image of the fish when a selection is made with the combo box? I, for one, have no clue about the names of the fish. So something like this would help. Thanks.
zeroIQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 01:44 PM   #528
CephaloP

Yeah Tiny

I've heard of a 4" mantis putting a hole in 3/8'' glass, and some species get at least 9". Supposedly the forearms strike with the force of a small caliber bullet.

I'll try to find a good picture of one to post.
Old 03-26-2002, 01:54 PM   #529
Gerty
Somewhat Confused

Originally posted by Yellow Tang
Gerty, here are your pictures: (it's easy to link the pics, just right-click on the image -> properties -> cut and paste the url to your post)
Thank you so much, Yellow Tang, for the info on how to post pics! And THANKS for posting them for me, they look great!!!

Aloha,
Gerty
Gerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 07:31 PM   #530
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

I poked around a bit looking for Mantis shrimp and man they look cool! Seems like they can take out pretty much anything you put in front of them and one guy I read about had to build a whole new tank out of Polycarbonate (Lexan) to avoid having it bust his regular tank.

I also found a story about two mantis shrimp that somehow found their way into the "SplashZone" children's section of the Monterey Bay Aquarium. These guys started picking off sea snails, hermit crabs and just about all other bottom dwellers in the tank. Some worker managed to snare one of the two marauders, but the other one is still on the loose...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mantisshrimp.jpg (102.9 KB, 468 views)
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 11:44 AM   #531
CephaloP

Lol Tiny, that top one is the exact pic I was gonna post, I was going to email the guy for permission to use it. It's kind of hard to find good profile pictures like Jim needs to model stuff. I still can't find one of a nautilus.
Old 03-29-2002, 12:14 PM   #532
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Don't work too hard trying to find a profile picture. For several reasons, Jim will end up using his own pictures. Especially with these--he needs photographs of several sides of the creature.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 05:30 AM   #533
IXNAY
Green Frog

Wow that thing looks so great, I hope it get's in the first of the creaturepacks because I want to have it in the tank as soon as possible
IXNAY

*dreaming of the serene terrarium*

- My Private Homepage -
IXNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 01:23 PM   #534
dwaltuck
Registered

Angry Active Desktop Aquarium

I would like to see an active desktop serenescreen for W2K / 98 / XP - like you can do with DREMPELS.
dwaltuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 01:38 PM   #535
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

dwaltuck,

That question has been asked and gone over many many times, sorry, won't happen.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 03:25 PM   #536
hpman77
Blue Angel

I bet this was discussed many many times in the wishlist, but I just want to say it again

The fish I like the most is the one of my icon.
It was a shame it had to be removed, and I would love to see it again, with this exact look.

I would set at least 3 of them.
.:: AMD Athlon XP 1700+ :: 512MB SDRAM :: Windows XP SP1 :: shappire ATI radeon 9600 PRO :: Soundblaster Live Player 5.1 :: Directx 9.0 :: (Always latest drivers for everything) ::.
hpman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 07:13 AM   #537
BBtm64
Careful, I bite :)

Smile

I've tried several "aquarium" screen savers & this is, by far, the best one I've ever attempted to use. I liked it so much, from the beginning, that it's the first piece of software, I've ever bought online.
Keep up the good work, guys. You have a lifetime fan here.

As far as any favorite fish, I have several, but with the latest version, you already hit my favorite, with the addition of the Lionfish. If you could add some additional species, that would be great, but I love it, just the way it is
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-410f.jpg (58.1 KB, 335 views)
BBtm64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 02:58 PM   #538
shade2074
Registered

I have to agree this is absolutely the best fish screen saver I have ever seen. This may seem a little off, but I was wondering if it's possible to make the bubbles look a little more realistic too? Maybe randomize them somehow? Maybe even have some random bubbles stick to the glass every so often then loosen up and float to the top.
Then my other thing was to maybe incorperate "live" rock, maybe something that sways a little bit in the water with what ever currents might be swirling around.

Either way though, I've got to say this is BEAUTIFUL work THANK YOU!!!
}<)));>
shade2074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 08:54 PM   #539
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

When Jim does the 3D background you will see things swaying in the background and so forth. There will be many new things to look at then.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 08:46 AM   #540
TuS
Registered

really can't wait for that 3D background )))
when is it planned for ?
\\|//
TuS (o o)
_oOOo_(_)_oOOo_
TuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows