Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X
Notices

Old 10-07-2005, 07:36 AM   #21
stinkyFish
Registered

the tweaking of gravel

i agree with your "poke me in the eye with a stick" comment...but even though i would NEVER put brightly colored gravel in my tank ("nothing prettier than the fish" is my motto)...real or digital...this is about having a product that pleases your customers.

"gee whiz" stuff like this should always take a backseat to real bugfixes and functional improvements, but i don't see why a gravel color slider isn't possible. you've set the bar for lifelike aquarium screensavers, and now that you have some competition in that arena, why not add some more customizability? in the computer biz, "custom" is the key word in customer. we want it our way.

a possible method would be to use light gray gravel so one can get highlights and shadows, mask it out from the other elements (rocks, plants), and then put in some simple color/brightness sliders.
stinkyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 11:24 AM   #22
feldon34
Forum Administrator

A gravel color slider is difficult because of color saturation and luminosity. You can't recreate every possible color with one set of artwork.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 11:41 AM   #23
stinkyFish
Registered

oh, i'm sure not every color is possible and a solution may not be photo-perfect. but i think your users would certainly enjoy the variety!

i AM playing "Devil's Advocate" here... i like the gravel the way it is, personally!
stinkyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 03:48 PM   #24
Mark Newman

Big Grin Can't Choose the Tank in Goldfish

Jim,

A while back in connection with Marine Aquarium, you were the only person able to help me. Everything with that program works perfectly now.

Today, I bought Goldfish Aquarium and it doesn't work the way it's supposed to. I have an Apple iMac G5 20" computer running OS X 10.4.3. After I bought Goldfish, the first installation attempt didn't work and I then did Repair Permissions and Disk Warrior and restart without my Intego anti virus. The second installation attempt seemed to work except whenever I switch the tank, nothing happens. I get a random tank in the System Preferences preview and another random tank if I go to Test or the actual screen saver. What am I doing wrong? How can I can Goldfish to stick to the tank I choose for the preview, the test, and the actual screensaver?

I remain in your debt. mjnewman@mac.com
Old 12-18-2005, 03:59 PM   #25
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Hi Mark,

Please get in touch with me through the company web site and I'll see what is going on. The prefs are (unfortunately) more complex for Goldfish because of the increased number of features.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 04:16 PM   #26
Mark Newman

Angry Goldfish Tank Now Works--I figured it out.

Never mind my previous message. I just figured it out. If I uncheck Cycle Tank, then everything looks good. mjnewman@mac.com

Jim,

A while back in connection with Marine Aquarium, you were the only person able to help me. Everything with that program works perfectly now.

Today, I bought Goldfish Aquarium and it doesn't work the way it's supposed to. I have an Apple iMac G5 20" computer running OS X 10.4.3. After I bought Goldfish, the first installation attempt didn't work and I then did Repair Permissions and Disk Warrior and restart without my Intego anti virus. The second installation attempt seemed to work except whenever I switch the tank, nothing happens. I get a random tank in the System Preferences preview and another random tank if I go to Test or the actual screen saver. What am I doing wrong? How can I can Goldfish to stick to the tank I choose for the preview, the test, and the actual screensaver?

I remain in your debt. mjnewman@mac.com[/quote]
Old 12-18-2005, 04:34 PM   #27
johnblommers
The Architect

Jim works in mysterious ways

Never mind my previous message. I just figured it out. If I uncheck Cycle Tank, then everything looks good.
See how quickly Jim fixes problems?
He just thinks positive thoughts and presto!
He never even breaks into a sweat
His secret? "Think Different."

Seasons greetings SereneScreen-ers ...

- John
Reasons people don't watch Star Trek:
60% - It’s for nerds.
39% - The show’s stupid.
01% - My parents were killed by Klingons and it's still too painful.
johnblommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 01:56 PM   #28
jestrada@prolificpub
Registered

Test
jestrada@prolificpub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:47 AM   #29
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Originally posted by jestrada@prolificpub:
Test  
Worked both times.. even in really old threads

Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889 – 1951)
The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X