Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-16-2005, 08:55 AM   #1
rleescott
Registered

bubble column frozen

I have marine aquarium v1 and v2, and just installed both on a compaq deskpro E550 pIII w/ winXP pro. In both cases the bubble column is almost completely frozen except for a few bubbles. Video card is matrox mill G200. The driver on the xp disk is from 2001, so I uninstalled it as per matrox instructions and reinstalled the latest G200/400 driver for w2000/xp from their website with no help. All other features of the program such as lighting, fish movement etc are fine. I don't want to turn the bubble column off, and I don't have this problem on an old win 98 pII with a low grade motherboard video card.
Help?
rleescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 10:00 AM   #2
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

When I had a Mill G200 the 8 MB of Video RAM it had onboard wasn't enough to handle MA2.0 with the bubble column. It did so in MA1.0 though. Any chance of you getting a new video card (even a $30 video card of today beats the snot out of a G200). As for the old mobo video chip working – this is probably due to either more VRAM or that it uses part of the regular RAM which, while slower, still is sufficiently large to handle the bubbles.

/Tiny Matroxer
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 05:35 AM   #3
Yellow Tang
YT

Tournaments Won: 1

Yep, it's the video card. I had a similar card with 16MB and tried several driver versions, no success. Finally I had to disable the bubbles.
Yellow Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive