Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-19-2002, 12:15 AM   #1
Hooked
Registered

Angry HGTV serenescreen sighting

Well I'm new to the forum but not new to this awesome screen saver. I just looked around on my hard drive and found a download of 99H from almost a year ago--and I thought it was great enough to purchase the full version then!!!

Jim, if you're reading, I can't say enough how much I've enjoyed the Aquarium. Excellent work! I've poked around this site for quite a while now as well and read many posts. Kudos to Morgan for all his efforts. This site is a great resource. Thanks for all the updates.

Now, quickly to the reason I'm posting. I was just channel surfing a little bit ago and saw the wide screen version of the Aquarium on an episode of "This Small Space" on HGTV. It was being displayed on a wide screen, flat panel tv above a fireplace--how's that for serene :-) I quickly hit the "capture" on the tv tuner so I can show the wife (and very soon to be first time mommy) in the morning--she loves screen save also. It's really getting out there now. It seems like I see the Aquarium everyhere I go and it makes me smile every time.

BTW, Jim, it seems like a lifetime ago that I had a C64 and my favorite image I had was of a red Porche that turns out was created by you--very cool. Anyway, I'll close the novel now. Please keep up the outstanding work.

Erik
In the immortal words of Socrates...I drank what?

Last edited by feldon34; 03-19-2002 at 02:25 AM.
Hooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 12:45 AM   #2
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

That red Porsche (and the gold convertible) was the "tip on the scale" that made me buy my A500. – Nice to see that it's remembered by others aswell.

/Calle
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 02:25 AM   #3
feldon34
Forum Administrator

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 02:43 AM   #4
Socrates
Sage

It's really too bad that they used the 4:3 version and distorted it to fit.

OH well, coverage is coverage, eh?
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 03:08 AM   #5
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Mmmmm, that felt good Morgan. Thanks for the fix...

/Tiny
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 04:28 AM   #6
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Socrates is right, there isn't any purple in the middle.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 01:57 PM   #7
Jim Sachs
Developer

Hooked - Thanks for the pics. I'm not familiar with HGTV. If you have any info on them or "This Small Space" , I'll send them the widescreen version.

By the way, the easiest way to tell at a glance if you're looking at the widescreen version is that the bubble column is right-of-center instead of left.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 03:15 PM   #8
feldon34
Forum Administrator

HGTV - This Small Space
http://www.hgtv.com/HGTV/show/0,1102...how_93,FF.html
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 03-19-2002, 04:43 PM   #9
PigsOnTheWing
Registered

Maybe they wanted to see the starfish...

If you look at that snapshot again you'll see that there is a starfish. The widescreen version has not been updated since before the addition of the starfish. I'm going to assume that this person wanted to have a starfish (and now a lionfish), and that's why they gave up on the widescreen version and went back to the standard version. That's exactly what I did. I've got a beautiful 24" widescreen monitor, but I wanted the new additions, so I'm having to run a stretched standard version. I had thought maybe Jim was leaving the widescreen people behind until the new 3D background is finished...but I was happy to learn that a new widescreen version is coming shortly.
PigsOnTheWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 05:03 PM   #10
Hooked
Registered

Jim,

I don't have any info other than what Morgan furnished (thanks Morgan). The pics I provided were still frame captures from the clip I recorded. It's about a 4 minute clip (43meg mpg-1) discussing a living room makeover. It looks like the HGTV show episode was TSS-611.

I did review the clip again and realized it's the normal version and although the host doesn't specifically mention the Aquarium, the camera does one long pan near the end of the clip that really zooms in on the Aquarium. What's interesting is that the owner of the house whose room was transformed is named Jim--fitting.

Thanks again Morgan, for posting the pics for me. Now, I'm signing off and going to relax to 8 fish :-)

Erik
In the immortal words of Socrates...I drank what?
Hooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 12:22 AM   #11
feldon34
Forum Administrator

The sad thing is, all they have to do is contact SereneScreen!

None of these product placements has EVER contacted SereneScreen or Prolific to get the information right.

A widescreen beta of the Aquarium with just a few bugs that wouldn't be visible on TV has been kicking around for weeks. We're in the final beta test in the next couple days.

In short, if they wanted to showcase the widescreen Aquarium, we could have given them what they wanted.
Old 03-20-2002, 12:46 PM   #12
PigsOnTheWing
Registered

Embarassed

Originally posted by feldon23
In short, if they wanted to showcase the widescreen Aquarium, we could have given them what they wanted.
Morgan,

I've got company coming from out of state this weekend to see my new home. I'd love to showcase the widescreen Aqaurium for them...
PigsOnTheWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 09:51 PM   #13
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

I'm sure this one is on the "As seen on..." list already.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 10:33 PM   #14
Jim Sachs
Developer

Thanks, Pat - I had forgotten all about this one.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive