Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 08-31-2002, 06:30 PM   #1
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
Aquarium in cell phone SAMSUNG SGH-T100

does any one remember that I've made a screensaver for Nokia 8250 b4? (see this thread https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...=&threadid=717)

now there's areally a cell phone that has Aquarium animated desktop!! with TFT_LCD 60000 colors,

I've just saw it demo in a shopping center today, looks awesome, I stood in front of it for over 5 min which made the shop keeper come over many times wondering if I'm gonna buy it....LOL....

I then go back home and search the internet for its demo clips and I did found it here....
http://www.samsungelectronics.com/mo...demo/T-100.asf
but it's a 33MB high res clips with full ad and user guide
so I edit it it and made a small clip to show the aquarium part...
I'll first attach the image of it first then upload the clip

this is how it looks like
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sght100_l.jpg (17.9 KB, 336 views)
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 06:34 PM   #2
James

Click here to download the 170kb WMA video file:

https://www.feldoncentral.com/forump...quarium_02.WMV
James C Chen
HTC Corporation
www.htc.com

Last edited by feldon34; 09-01-2002 at 12:32 AM.
Old 08-31-2002, 09:55 PM   #3
feldon34
Forum Administrator

{ATTACHMENT ADDED ABOVE}

Right now, attachments sit on my server, feldoncentral.com, forever. Already, I'm up to 24MB for the Forums, 80% of which is attachments.

With vBulletin 3.0, attachments will be external. Can you host the file yourself? If not, e-mail it to me and I'll put it up here for a few months.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 09-01-2002 at 12:31 AM.
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 10:43 AM   #4
IXNAY
Green Frog

WOW

Hey looks really cool, and you're sure it's animated? Or had you taken drugs ok I'll check the video
IXNAY

*dreaming of the serene terrarium*

- My Private Homepage -
IXNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 10:45 AM   #5
hpman77
Blue Angel

it looks interesting, but I bet that cellphone won't be cheap LOL

edited: I bet it's way expensive if the shopkeeper asked you several times in case you were thinking on buying it I can imagine the conversation

1 minute
- excuse me, may I help you?
- nope

2 minutes
- I wonder if you need something
- nope

3 minutes
- Interesting cell phone, uh?
- yeah

4 minutes
- it's a bit expensive, but has great features
- I know

5 minutes
- You can pay a small amount monthly, if you think it's too expensive, it's worth it and...
- ok, ok, I'm leaving, I just wanted to watch those nice fishies

5 minutes, 10 seconds
(shopkeeper alone)
- darn, it's the tenth time this morning!
.:: AMD Athlon XP 1700+ :: 512MB SDRAM :: Windows XP SP1 :: shappire ATI radeon 9600 PRO :: Soundblaster Live Player 5.1 :: Directx 9.0 :: (Always latest drivers for everything) ::.

Last edited by hpman77; 09-02-2002 at 10:52 AM.
hpman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 02:48 PM   #6
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Well How much money "Expensive" is, is pretty much up to the individual person, but my guess is that this phone won' be that much more expensive than SonyEricsson's and Nokia's color screen phones.

/Tiny Expense
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 07:11 PM   #7
James

IXNAY
r u a broadband user? maybe u cen try DL that
http://www.samsungelectronics.com/m.../demo/T-100.asf
33MB clip to have a look of all about it....I'd say it's very cool

hpman77
u r so funny.....well.....I just happens to pass that shop and saw the phone was on demo...and then I saw that aquarium...

the actual conversation was like this

1 minute
- hello, may I help you? (first shopkeeper - male - around 35 age)
- no thx, I just browse around

2 minutes
- hi, do you need something? (second shopkeeper - female - around 21 age - with a lovely smile on face)
- um.....no thank you

3 minutes - 5 minutes
- I can take it out if you want a clear look? (female shopkeeper)
- oh that's fine, no need to, I just watching those fish animations
- oh that's the wallpaper, it also has other kind like butterfly want me to show u?
- nonono, I just wanna watch the fish
- oh ... ok (stared at me strangely)
- um...do u have brochure for this phone?
- I'm sorry, since it's new arrival phone we don't have its brochure
- oh that's ok then.
- hi, this new phone is really good, a guy like u must have one, it suit u perfectly!! (first male shopkeeper came along again! )
- ha...ha(jerky laugh), no way, I can't afford it (I dunno the price that time coz they don't have the rpice tag on)
- female shopkeeper : it's won't cost you too much, u looks wealthy anyway.
- male shopkeeper (glare to the female shopkeeper then turn to me): it's alright, how about I show u the price list of other phones, we have .......
- oh no thx, I have my own phone already, (I raised my Nokia 8250)
(both shopkeepr's expression looks weird,then the male turn away and go back to the counter)
- anyway, thx for introducing the phone, the aquarium looks just great, c ya.(I turned away)
- female shopkeeper : oh...hey what about the new Nokia 7650? it also has color screen and......
(I can't hear anymore coz I was too far away so I just turn my head back with a sorry expression)

thats' it....well...not so funny as urs but u can clearly see how those shopkeeper want me to buy a phone...horrible

Tiny
well....when I left the shop, I still have no idea how much it cost...

well, I think maybe Jim can get he's aqaurium across the platform like cell phone. since SSA already port to OS plat form, cell phone SSA might be just in a distant future!!
James C Chen
HTC Corporation
www.htc.com

Last edited by James; 09-02-2002 at 07:13 PM.
Old 09-03-2002, 05:23 AM   #8
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Methinks "phones" will be replaced with something else before we see hardware accelerated graphics in our Nokias, Motorolas or Samsungs...

About the price: Here in Sweden the suggested retail is ~$580 (a Nokia 6510 is around $5000 as a reference)

/Tiny Prediction
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 08:44 AM   #9
hpman77
Blue Angel

James, the real "chat" was funny too those shopkeepers are really a pest sometimes you just want to have a look, and they're always around you trying to sell you anything. It's ok, it's their job, but I bet they would make more sales if they would let the customer go here and there without asking every 20 seconds if you need anything

About the price: hmmm.... looks fine, I though it would be way more expensive. Still too much for my pocket (my best phone is a nokia 3210, and I hope it'll last a couple of years more LOL) I also have a 5510 (now it's my gf's phone) and I have an old Alcatel one touch easy (the first model, heavy, huge.... but it still works perfectly).

About that samsung phone... I live in a province at the north of spain, and I only asked 4 shops, but the answer I got when I asked them about it was:
-er... what phone? = no idea about that model
-we use to have them, but they're sold out now and we have no idea about when we'll have it again on stock = no idea, but doesn't want to admit it
-we don't work with samsung (there WERE some samsung phones and a samsung stick on the shop's front) = just stupid shopkeeper
-Yeah, it's an interesting phone but you have many options cheaper and with more features like this motorola.... = classic shopkeeper: gives you the reason in everything, but anyway tries to make you buy what he want

going shopping here makes you see more interesting animals than in a zoo
.:: AMD Athlon XP 1700+ :: 512MB SDRAM :: Windows XP SP1 :: shappire ATI radeon 9600 PRO :: Soundblaster Live Player 5.1 :: Directx 9.0 :: (Always latest drivers for everything) ::.
hpman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 08:52 AM   #10
IXNAY
Green Frog

Sorry James, I just have ISDN 64k until yet, but I checked your 170kb WMA file, looks cool now I believe
IXNAY

*dreaming of the serene terrarium*

- My Private Homepage -
IXNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive