Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 07-26-2002, 07:42 PM   #41
Socrates
Sage

I just upgraded (that's right) to Windows XP.

Despite many warnings that trying to upgrade from ME to XP was suicide, I was pleasantly surprised to have fewer issues than any of the win95->98->SE->ME upgrades that I previously did.

I am running an AMD 1.1 on a VIA KT333 based board with an GF2MX with 32MB SDRAM. I have just 256 MB of PC2100 DDR.

I tried a few drivers recommended by Feldon's help page and ended up with 29.42. None of them had any problems, but this one allowed me to run the wide version (although none that I have found will allow me to run it at less than 1600x1024x16 --- but that's for another post.)

Anyway the point is I am running 29.42 and it seems OK.
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 06:07 PM   #42
Lightfeather

Ick. Upgrading is so horrid. Just save all your user files and zipped up programs on another drive, wipe your OS drive clean and give your baby a fresh install. If you have a lot of stuff it could be a pain but if you make a habit of backing up on another drive it should be slick as sh… uh… poo.

It makes a world of difference.
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
Lightfeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 09:12 PM   #43
The | Tycoon
Registered

Socrates - What Lightfeather suggested sounds just great "give your baby a fresh install..." Boy that does sound just great to me. I wish I was doing it
¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°¤
The | Tycoon Ô¿Ô
¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°¤
The | Tycoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive