Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Future: Freshwater Aquarium
Notices

View Poll Results: Wich fish do you want to see in the Freshwater tank?
Guppy 3 5.66%
Kuhli Loach 3 5.66%
Green Terror 2 3.77%
Neon Tetra 5 9.43%
Black Angel 3 5.66%
Clown Loach 5 9.43%
Betta 7 13.21%
Blue Ram 4 7.55%
Firemouth 0 0%
Plec 2 3.77%
TigerBarbs 8 15.09%
Tri-color Bala Shark 0 0%
Rasbora Trilineata 0 0%
New Guinea Rainbow 2 3.77%
Figure 8 Puffer 3 5.66%
Green Tiger Barb 0 0%
Frontosa Cichlid 1 1.89%
Archer 0 0%
Boesemans Rainbow 0 0%
Glass Tetra 5 9.43%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2003, 11:31 AM   #1
IXNAY
Green Frog

Thumbs Up Most wanted fish

Well we know that Jim has already done a A Cardinal Tetra for the freshwater aquarium and that he is planing to put in, Angelfish, Red Swordtails, Black Mollies, Glassfish and a bottom-feeder catfish will probably be in there, if he can solve some shadow problems.
I thought of setting up a poll to help Jim finding the most wanted fishs on the aquarium, so here it is.
You can get pictures of the fish from the wishlist:
https://www.feldoncentral.com/Sachs/.../wishlist.html
IXNAY

*dreaming of the serene terrarium*

- My Private Homepage -
IXNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 11:43 AM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Wait til you see the new Wishlist system.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 11:57 AM   #3
IXNAY
Green Frog

ehm ok
IXNAY

*dreaming of the serene terrarium*

- My Private Homepage -
IXNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 12:45 PM   #4
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I'm not saying people can't vote. Only that this is another one of those "should have done this a long time ago" things that I'm adding soon.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 03-11-2003, 01:26 PM   #5
cjmaddy
Registered

Sorry IXNAY, but you're missing the best one! (IMHO) - Very near the top of my list would be .......

Red Tailed Black Shark - (Labeo Bicolor)
(Hope it's on the new system, Morgan! .... if not, it soon will be!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg redtail3_x1_web.jpg (77.8 KB, 669 views)
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 01:55 PM   #6
Liath
Still here in spirit

cmjaddy, that is a beautiful fish, but there's something about the neon tetra that brings me back to my youth. If there's going to be schooling behavior in the freshwater tank (not sure if it was finally decided to do that or not), then the neon tetra definitely needs to be included.
Liath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 06:24 PM   #7
Jim Sachs
Developer

Cliff - the red-tailed black shark has always been one of my favorites, and will be included. I had one for years, but it chased all the other fish so I had to give it to a pet shop.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 06:25 PM   #8
Lostboy
SquirrelFish

Morgan,

Care to tell us a bit more about the new wishlist? I’m assuming you mean the webpage Wishlist and not the Wishlist on the forum. When do you think we’ll get to see it? That’s one thing I wished was updated more often. I’m really hoping it’s a open user-operated wishlist, where people can go on there and fill in the blanks. “Enter fish name here”, “Enter address to upload picture here”, “Enter feature here” etc, and after it’s on the wishlist, Jim or you could go on and click “Yes” “No” or “Maybe” for it being added to the screensaver in the future. The main reason I’d like to do this is because the forum wishlist has a lot of great ideas on it (including mine ) that I find get lost in the long list. I don’t know if this would be a problem with over posting or silly postings though, however the majority of the people here seem to be fairly mature, so I hope it wouldn’t be too much of a problem.
Lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 06:26 PM   #9
Jim Sachs
Developer

Liath - The Cardinal Tetra is almost exactly the same as the neon, but big enough to be seen.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 06:48 PM   #10
Vish
Registered

I would like to see Cardinal for the salt water also...
--Vish
Vish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 07:12 PM   #11
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Lostboy,

It won't be user postable for several reasons. Namely, just anyone stumbling across it and doing just what you describe for one, and even though we are moving to a new server with more capabilities, it still needs to be optimized for the best downloads without wasting needless bandwidth. So, Morgan or I will still be taking requests and handling that part ourselves. But there will be some user display settings available if everything goes according to plan. ie. photo's per page and so on......
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 07:16 PM   #12
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Lostboy,

Still deciding. We might just have a "Wishlist" for each product which is not a webpage and it's not a forum page, but something in between, where people could post comments under each suggested fish, vote for that fish, etc.

I've been talking to Michael extensively about this.

Eventually, we'd like to have a system for all the products where discussion of each addition/fish/creature is more closely linked to the actual list.

Right now, we have a meandering 35 page Saltwater wishlist topic which contains many more items/creatures than the static wishlist page at the fan site and a ton of really interesting trivia and details about these fish. I'd like to marry it to the fan site wishlist somehow.

Last edited by feldon34; 03-11-2003 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-12-2003, 06:41 PM   #13
cjmaddy
Registered

Jim, - That's good news about the Red Tailed Black Shark, it's a superb looking fish, I'm glad it will be included.
I had a number of them over the years, and they do tend to chase a little, but no harm was done. - I think they became territorial when scavenging about the rocks or leaves for algae, and just liked to chase the others away.

The Red-Finned Shark Labeo Erythrurus - a browny coloured one with red fins, is also very nice!

(Morgan, - 'Thumbs Up' and 'Hopping Mad' - are not working!) ......... They are now!
I like all the work you have done Morgan, - good job! .... Think the clock is a bit ify?

Last edited by cjmaddy; 03-12-2003 at 07:58 PM.
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 07:49 PM   #14
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Now that my brain is not quite so from being deprived sleep, I fixed this one.
Old 03-16-2003, 10:48 PM   #15
CephaloP
lurking in the shadows...

Bummer- Arrowana isn't even on the list. That one fish could be the difference between my buying the Freshwater SS or not.
CephaloP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 11:30 PM   #16
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Jim made an interesting comment in the chat the other night implying that he may focus more on the creation of the Aquarium (Freshwater specifically), particularly the background, the bubbles, the sound, and the swimming behavior of the fish, etc. and then have Prolific artists do quite a few of the fish.

The test will be the critical reactions of the fans here to the 5 new fish that Ken, an artist at Prolific has produced for MA2.0.

I don't think Jim is going to let anyone else do that red-tailed black shark though.

Last edited by feldon34; 03-17-2003 at 06:53 AM.
Old 03-17-2003, 03:57 AM   #17
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Ceph,
I wrote a (quite lengthy) post on that exact subject, but remembered that I had already done so before in the FWA wishlist thread and that IIRC Morgan put one (or two actually) images of it on the wishlist. This made me discard the post, but now that I see more interest in this fish I just have to voice my support!

/Tiny Arrowana
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 08:26 AM   #18
BigScreen
Registered

As busy as a Clown Loach is in cleaning the gravel and wriggling itself into seemingly unnavigable nooks and crannies, I would imagine it would be a difficult fish to do, but it would be cool nonetheless.

It was one of the few that survived my repeated attempts at maintaining a 20-gallon tank! When I finally gave up, I gave my fish to my brother who was much more skilled, had more time, and had a larger tank. That Clown Loach is still doing its thing after 9 or 10 years.

When I had the tank running, my downfall was trying to have Dwarf Gouramis in the tank. They were a little small, but their coloring was incredible, and much more interesting to look at than their larger counterparts.

If a Clown Loach is too hard, I would put a big request in for Dwarf Gouramis. I would pay extra if a future "fish pack" had them in it!

I'd imagine that a Kuhli Loach is another tough one to create, but a cool addition to the tank. Their behavior and movement is so unlike other fish that it would provide variety.

As far as having Neons/Cardinals, how could any self-respecting Freshwater Aqaurium be without them?
Scott J.
Publisher of The BigScreen Cinema Guide
BigScreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 09:31 AM   #19
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

People,
We're (me included) are piecing together a second wishlist here.

Perhaps it would be better if we kept the requests in that thread...

/Tiny Double
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 10:37 AM   #20
feldon34
Forum Administrator

The wishlist system we will have for saltwater and freshwater fish on the fan sites are taking a while, sorry.

Basically, it will be a LOT easier to add fish, and each fish will have a pull-down menu so you can vote for it!

Of course this is for entertainment/recreation use only, as the artists will do the fish they feel they can do realistically.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Future: Freshwater Aquarium