Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-22-2003, 09:42 PM   #121
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Quick Death
Jim --

What about the CalZBufferOn having it's value set to NULL?
Using a hardware ZBuffer was, for a brief period (3 days), optional. Then Jim saw how turning it off it made the fish look.

Z-Buffers control the sequence in which things are drawn. Most 3D programs do not waste the energy to determine the "draw order" and simply send a list of all the 3D geometry to be drawn to the 3D card.

For instance, if you are displaying a 3D model of a car, you might send the car body, then the suspension, then the wheels, then the seats to the video card.

This would look rather comical if you did not have a Z-Buffer telling it which parts of the car need to be drawn in which order!!! You'd have all 4 wheels visible from one side of the car, then the suspension pasted on top of that, and the seats floating in mid-air.

Unfortunately, a Z-Buffer requires a couple of MB of memory.

Essentially, Marine Aquarium 2 has outgrown 4MB video cards and having crummy fin-clipping issues was deemed "not worth it", especially since a replacement video card can be had for $30.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 03-23-2003 at 12:42 AM.
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 04:06 AM   #122
Yellow Tang
YT

Tournaments Won: 1

Manymosi,

try pressing STRG + ALT + F (hidden feature)

There was another key-combination, which released the octopus, but i can't remember exactly what it was...
Yellow Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 05:12 AM   #123
Manymosi
Registered

What do you mean - strg?
Manymosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 06:09 AM   #124
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

English – German
Control – Steuerung
[Ctrl] – [Strg]

/Babel Turtle
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 01:52 PM   #125
CephaloP
lurking in the shadows...

Originally posted by Yellow Tang

There was another key-combination, which released the octopus, but i can't remember exactly what it was...
DON'T TEASE ME LIKE THAT!
CephaloP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 02:01 PM   #126
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Hahahaha!
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 02:13 PM   #127
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

LOL, I can see keyboards getting broke all over the place on that one. At least YT didn't give some spurious key combination, that would have really sent people into orbit.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 05:13 AM   #128
jeffelms
Registered

Still haven't gotten the e-mail about where to get 2.0 and the key code. Are they still sending them out?
jeffelms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 05:19 AM   #129
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Prolific is sending out several thousand a day. Once those get processed, if you still haven't received your email, check the serenescreen.com site. Plans are for a fill in the blank do it yourself update process located there.
Old 03-27-2003, 05:28 PM   #130
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

All done.

If you have not gotten at this point, please send email to service@serenescreen.com

Thanks.
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 08:05 PM   #131
shellman
Registered

Big Grin

If you are a registered forum member, you have already received an e-mail with your new MA2.0 keycode and instructions on where to download it.

Bold statement , but not true...I am a registered forum member, and have not yet received an email. Although I have to admit that I just signed back up with the forum a couple of days ago.

I had originally registerd here back when I first purchased the software, but hadn't signed on in ages. When I tried, I didnt have an account, so I re-registered. Oh well, I will wait for the email your key feature to be up and working...

Already sent an email to support@serenescreen.com, so it should fix itself in a day or so.
shellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 10:39 PM   #132
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by shellman

Bold statement , but not true...I am a registered forum member, and have not yet received an email. Although I have to admit that I just signed back up with the forum a couple of days ago.
The list of forum members went to Prolific on March 17th. You registered on the 22nd.

I had originally registerd here back when I first purchased the software, but hadn't signed on in ages. When I tried, I didnt have an account, so I re-registered.
That's unfortunate. Only 2 possibilities:

#1 You registered on the old EZBoard forum and your account was never transferred.
#2 You have not visited this forum in 1 year and have no postings attributed to your name.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 03-27-2003, 10:52 PM   #133
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

addendum,

#3 you did not supply a valid email address and complete your registration
Old 03-27-2003, 11:08 PM   #134
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

# 4. It is a conspiracy, your peers contacted us. Don’t eat the yogurt in your fridge either. And don’t ask.
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 11:47 PM   #135
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Anyone notice the Dannon yogurt has gone from 50 cents for an 8oz cup to 85 cents for a 6oz cup in the past 3 years?

I'm going to investigate home-brewing options.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:40 AM   #136
shellman
Registered

You just think its Yogurt, Reichart..... It was milk just a couple of months ago, I wonder what happened.

Dont buy the Dannon, the Fridge brand tastes JUST AS GOOD... TRUST ME!!!

#5. I came and read through all the forums and then got so excited ( or so brain dead) that I just thought that I registered. (especially Since I dont have a reg confirmation in my email archives, this is most likely) --- See what happens when you eat too much home made yogurt.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:54 AM   #137
shellman
Registered

Heh, My first memory of yogurt is my older brother stealing a BIG drink of my mom's "Vanilla Milk Shake", and promptly re-decorating the interior of the cafe....I still get a tickle... Thanks
Old 03-28-2003, 07:32 AM   #138
jeffelms
Registered

Re: All done.

Originally posted by Reichart
If you have not gotten at this point, please send email to service@serenescreen.com

Thanks.
I sent an e-mail a few days ago and never got a response. I know they are probably pretty busy replying to e-mails though.
I just sent another e-mail and attached the original e-mail that I got when I purchased MA, and both e-mails that I got when I got the 1.1 upgrade. Hope that helps.
jeffelms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 09:46 PM   #139
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Re: Yogurt (wow, majorly off-topic )

Salton YM9 1-Quart Yogurt Maker

mmmm!

$20 plus a quart-sized Mason Jar (since the container it comes with is useless).

I didn't realize it could be done in 6-10 hours. I thought you had to incubate for days...
Old 03-29-2003, 09:38 AM   #140
shellman
Registered

Wow, those must be ACTIVE cultures...might make a good ss.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive