Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 01-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #121
F34R
Registered

From the settings, to the actual performance... they probably need to do a better job, and/or price it for .99.

Can you detail what aspect the current iOS devices, iphone 4s, 5, iPad (A5X/A6X) can't handle if ported properly?
F34R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #122
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by F34R:
From the settings, to the actual performance... they probably need to do a better job, and/or price it for .99.

Can you detail what aspect the current iOS devices, iphone 4s, 5, iPad (A5X/A6X) can't handle if ported properly?  
Marine Aquarium 3's background.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #123
F34R
Registered

Originally posted by feldon34:
Marine Aquarium 3's background.  
What about the background isn't able to be ported over and run on the iPad 3(A5X), 4(A6X), iPhone 5 (A6)?

What has kept the dev team from updating the current app to at least give someone the option to select, beyond giving stars, which fish will show, and how many?

Back to 2.6 though... certainly it could use an update that wouldn't have any performance problems on newer devices beyond the iPhone 4, and iPad 2.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #124
Jim Sachs
Developer

Spending additional development money on v2.6 does not seem to lead to additional sales.

The latest iDevices probably can handle v3.2, and Jim O'Connor's team are looking into it.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #125
F34R
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Spending additional development money on v2.6 does not seem to lead to additional sales.

The latest iDevices probably can handle v3.2, and Jim O'Connor's team are looking into it.  
Maybe, maybe not, but updates have a habit of retaining customers for future products. With 2.6 on the app store, the update they pushed supported the retina display, but didn't go into adding different settings, which is what some of the complaints have been presented about it. That's probably a reason people won't buy it when they see it. Well, it's not been updated in two years, and goes for a relatively high price. Why would interested people buy it? They see reviews and see the app doesn't have, and most likely ever get, features they'd want. Sales don't increase that way. Lack of marketing doesn't help either.

That's why there are updates to apps, that don't add to the price for future buyers, or additional costs for upgrading already purchased products. I mean, look at what your updates have done. If it wasn't helping sales, and it's adding development time/costs, would you still be doing it?
Old 01-11-2013, 10:51 PM   #126
Jim Sachs
Developer

The last few updates have had virtually no impact on sales, but at least with the PC versions, I don't have to pay development cost (there's a little, since Prolific has to add some installer stuff).

The iOS versions are quite expensive, since I don't do the translations myself. Sales have been flat in good times, bad times, updates, no updates. It brings in about $60 per day, which gets split 4 ways. It pays for my lunch at Wendy's, but not much else.

Since the Acrodea guys paid their own development costs, I've let them run with whatever pricing or marketing scheme they like for the Android version, and I'll be interested in watching the results.
Jim Sachs
Old 01-11-2013, 11:39 PM   #127
F34R
Registered

Thanks for the replies Jim. I do appreciate your time.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:18 AM   #128
SSTSylvain
Registered

Did it will be compatible with the iPad Pro 9.7" and 12.9" will be compatible?

"iPad Pro 12.9 inch" and "iPad Pro 9.7 inch" compatible ?

For the moment, i have an iPad Mini 2 Retina.
SSTSylvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 10:09 PM   #129
Jim Sachs
Developer

The iPhone/iPad version is still the rather primitive v2.6. We're negotiating with Jim O'Connor to bring v3.3 over to those devices.
Jim Sachs
Old 05-14-2016, 07:58 AM   #130
F34R
Registered

Originally posted by SSTSylvain:
"iPad Pro 12.9 inch" and "iPad Pro 9.7 inch" compatible ?

For the moment, i have an iPad Mini 2 Retina.  
I works just fine in portrait mode for iPad Air 2. I'll run and grab Pro 9.7" and verify if need be, but surely it should run just fine.

I'd like to see 3.3 come on over, and landscape mode be available as well.

Jim, if you feel up to it, and have the info, PM me the costs for porting 3.3 over to iOS and having it run in landscape or portrait mode. I'll see what I can do to help.
Old 05-14-2016, 06:18 PM   #131
Jim Sachs
Developer

For the past few days, I've been studying Unity3D - a computer 'language' which allows porting to virtually any device. If all goes well (and I'm not too old to learn anything new), then I'll rewrite the whole program in Unity. This would solve many problems, as the Unity Physics and Collision engines would cure pass-throughs. I'd also be able to run it on Oculus Rift and other Virtual Reality devices.
Jim Sachs
Old 05-16-2016, 04:07 AM   #132
drfish
the Doc

That would be a a HUGE step.
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:06 AM   #133
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Wow!
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 03:10 PM   #134
Jim Sachs
Developer

Unity3D is hard. You also have to learn C#.
Jim Sachs
Old 05-18-2016, 11:17 PM   #135
SSTSylvain
Registered

Thumbs Up

For the past few days, I've been studying Unity3D - a computer 'language' which allows porting to virtually any device. If all goes well (and I'm not too old to learn anything new), then I'll rewrite the whole program in Unity. This would solve many problems, as the Unity Physics and Collision engines would cure pass-throughs. I'd also be able to run it on Oculus Rift and other Virtual Reality devices.
That it will be great, ... :-)

Are you able to do "Live WallPaper", inside apple ios version. Like the Android version? "Live WallPaper" option = moving backgroud wallpaper, with icons in foreground.
SSTSylvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:08 AM   #136
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by SSTSylvain:
That it will be great, ... :-)

Are you able to do "Live WallPaper", inside apple ios version. Like the Android version? "Live WallPaper" option = moving backgroud wallpaper, with icons in foreground.  
Apple does not allow applications to run in the background like this.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 05-19-2016, 06:08 AM   #137
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Big Grin

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Unity3D is hard. You also have to learn C#.  
You have had a couple of days before making the announcement, then 5 more.. We are ready to start testing now...

Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889 – 1951)
The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 06:12 AM   #138
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

I notice a new look on quoted messages.. something new.. or, am I slow to notice..

Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889 – 1951)
The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 08:01 AM   #139
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Ralph:
I notice a new look on quoted messages.. something new.. or, am I slow to notice..  
It was bothering me how signatures and quotes looked so similar. Is it better? Worse?
Old 05-19-2016, 11:02 AM   #140
drfish
the Doc

Originally posted by feldon34:
It was bothering me how signatures and quotes looked so similar. Is it better? Worse?  
I like it.
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows